No one answering Tech Support

Hey guys,

Anyone getting any answers from tech support? Have a major issue and they have been quiet for 2 weeks now, have sent followup email to no avail.

They are out shopping and spending the money we paid for our Routers :slight_smile:

Seriously though, I t think everyone has been busy debugging the UI4 release and is tied up!

Whats your problem? Maybe someone here can help?!

Hi,

Nick, I got your ticket the moment it arrived, I was in the office then. I honestly don’t know the answer to your problem and as I mentioned in the email, I forwarded the issue to the developers, developers which are really jammed with the UI4. Your ticket was not closed and it will receive a resolution. I’m waiting exactly like you do…

You’re much better off asking other users for help than waiting for MCV tech support. I submitted a ticket more than six weeks ago and not even an acknowledgment. Look around and you’ll soon realize that is the norm for these guys to disappear and then reappear and to leave the Customers hanging while they figure out how to stabilize Vera. I don’t think the concept of SUPPORT actually registers with these guys. There is always some reason why they didn’t respond but they fail to realize that the frustration the Customer feels is partly due to their lack of response as well as a unstable product.

Hi,

If we stabilize the system, it will result in fewer calls and tickets to us, then we can take care of our customers much easier, customers we respect and want to help with every issue/question they address to us.

krfar,

Your view of how it works seems similar to my past experiences. I think what MCV doesn’t understand is how some consistent stream of information would reduce calls and questions. Some kind of communication posted on a regular basis that lets the users know someone is home (blog, newsletter, facebook status, anything).

I don’t doubt that these guys/girls are working very hard to create something good. I just think that given the investment, not just current, but investing our future behind this company/product, we need to know that progress is being made at some level. If I know the resources are being pushed towards finalizing UI4 AND I know that they have a goal of rolling it out by a certain date, THEN I will understand why my unique issues would be on the back burner. However, around that goal date I would expect some update that either a new goal date is established or my issue has an update and hasn’t fallen through the cracks.

At this end of all of this I think that is what we really want to know is that our issues have not been forgotten.

Love the products, just want more communication…

[quote=“mcvovidiu, post:3, topic:166050”]Hi,

Nick, I got your ticket the moment it arrived, I was in the office then. I honestly don’t know the answer to your problem and as I mentioned in the email, I forwarded the issue to the developers, developers which are really jammed with the UI4. Your ticket was not closed and it will receive a resolution. I’m waiting exactly like you do…[/quote]

Thanks that is all I wanted to hear, you never responded to the 2 emails that I had sent to you in the past 2 weeks for a follow up on where we stand.

I did no one responded. :slight_smile:

[quote=“strangely, post:2, topic:166050”]They are out shopping and spending the money we paid for our Routers :slight_smile:

Seriously though, I t think everyone has been busy debugging the UI4 release and is tied up!

Whats your problem? Maybe someone here can help?![/quote]

Did ask before I submitted question. Getting “failed to purge” errors on about 12 of the 25 or so Leviton Switches

[quote=“legend99, post:7, topic:166050”][quote=“mcvovidiu, post:3, topic:166050”]Hi,

Nick, I got your ticket the moment it arrived, I was in the office then. I honestly don’t know the answer to your problem and as I mentioned in the email, I forwarded the issue to the developers, developers which are really jammed with the UI4. Your ticket was not closed and it will receive a resolution. I’m waiting exactly like you do…[/quote]

Thanks that is all I wanted to hear, you never responded to the 2 emails that I had sent to you in the past 2 weeks for a follow up on where we stand.[/quote]

I agree with you 100%,

I too have noticed that this company is very unresponsive. I called and emailed prior to my purchase but never got any responses. I luckily found out my information and was able to purchase 3 weeks after i emailed them. I have noticed this is a big issue with these smaller companies. Lets hope that they are working on a big update. Cuz this products potential is unbelievable.

Not sure it’s just small companies, I work for a big company and our support department is understaffed. There’s this little thing you may of heard about called the recession that doesn’t help :slight_smile:

[quote=“mcvovidiu, post:5, topic:166050”]Hi,

If we stabilize the system, it will result in fewer calls and tickets to us, then we can take care of our customers much easier, customers we respect and want to help with every issue/question they address to us.[/quote]

So what you are saying in essence is that the negative comments posted here are by those Customers that you don’t want or respect. If that is a shared sentiment, then I do not expect to see any improvement at MCV any time soon. I may be just one Customer but if you read this thread objectively, you may just notice that I’m not the only one who has lost confidence in MCV.

krfar,

first, im sorry i dont have an answer to your technical issue, but im sure someone will and will post it for you. it is a great forum, filled with mcv’s brightest beta testers(sorry i meant customers).

that is so funny. i am starting to feel like a massive naysayer around here.

Dont lose confidence in them now! MCV is busy at work on a ui that wont really work for anyone that has been their customer for more than 6 months!

MCV basically ignored us to work on something that doesnt work on their original hardware and will cost their loyal customers another $130 to use. i really regret the investment in the zwave gear, that sunk cost has tied me to MCV’s boat.

man i was a sucker. i thought the vera had so much potential.

i sincerely hope someone posts a solution to your issue. i know it is out there.

best of luck,
not12bhere
Official Beta Tester of Vera1

UI4 will work with Vera 1. The only thing that will not work with Vera 1 in UI4 is the wizard which is geared towards the Vera 2. But this is only really intended for new users. There have been many posts about the future of Vera 1. MCV has stated that they will continue to support Vera 1. They are offering upgrades to Vera 1 customers to take advantage of the Vera 2 unit which I believe has a little bit better specs (e.g. more memory).

• Garrett

Yes, UI4 runs great on my Vera1. And that combination will continue to be supported indefinitely.

krfar and not12bhere, I don’t blame you for having doubts. None of this is as easy as I wish it was. But it is possible – even if, like me, you’re not a technological genius. It takes work, though, and not everyone is up for that.

How do you know that? Even if that is true we are on UI4 after less than 2 years, won’t be long until we are on UI7 at this rate.

I go back to my earlier statement; if you are happy with the features and performance of your Vera 1 today, keeps it and don’t upgrade, but if you want to have any real expectation that future revisions and features will improve your experience you should upgrade.

Aren’t you all just guessing what MCV will do in supporting V1? Yes the forum is a great resource for troubleshooting but MCV should be addressing the support issues, not their user community. IMO, MCV has gotten away with murder here in using its customer base as a surrogate for proper system support. What a shame.

MCV has posted in the Beta forum saying they will support both Vera 1 and Vera 2 in the long term. They have made two builds. One of those will support the Vera 1 for UI4.

• Garrett