Night Mode.. What time?

I’ve searched and searched to no avail so I’m asking here. What time does Night Mode start and what time does it end? Does this correspond to dusk/dawn, civil twilight, sunset/sunrise or some other thing? Can it be changed to just correspond to typical times we are in the house or not in the house?

TIA

You have to perform some action to PUT it into NIGHT mode.
You have to add the logic to do this … and so this can be anytime you desire.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:2, topic:192913”]You have to perform some action to PUT it into NIGHT mode.
You have to add the logic to do this … and so this can be anytime you desire.[/quote]

So I need to set up a scene or is this something else? Is there an example someplace of how to set up this logic? I looked and didn’t find anything but that surely doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist…

There are many ways to do this:

1. Schedule a scene
    In the LUA for the scene you can set the house modes
  2. Schedule a scene
    Using the House Modes Plugin, you can set the house mode.
  3. Using a PLEG schedule
    Using the Advanced mode actions for the schedule, ask the PLEG device to set the House mode.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:4, topic:192913”]There are many ways to do this:

1. Schedule a scene
    In the LUA for the scene you can set the house modes
  2. Schedule a scene
    Using the House Modes Plugin, you can set the house mode.
  3. Using a PLEG schedule
    Using the Advanced mode actions for the schedule, ask the PLEG device to set the House mode.[/quote]

I know it has been a while but I’ve been busy getting my pool control all set up with Vera in addition to building a shop out of a portion of my garage. I’m going to set this up pretty soon but can you direct me to more specific information on setting this up? Is there a guide someplace or instructions on how to write LUA and/or PLEG?

TIA

I have a schedule assigned for ‘night mode’. I use PLEG to track the schedule as well as the status of my wife’s phone and mine. If the schedule is active and one of our phones is charging, a scene fires with Lua code that sets the controller to night mode. If neither of us are home but the house is occupied, it just goes by the schedule. Still subject to changes and improvements, but it works well…

We created a video tutorial on how to do this.

[quote=“Jamr, post:7, topic:192913”]We created a video tutorial on how to do this.
http://www.007systems.com/blog/vera-ui7-setting-your-modes-to-change-automatically[/quote]

I located the Modes Plugin yesterday and did exactly what your video shows. Pretty easy. I guess I didn’t find the plugin before.

For whatever reason, it is not triggering Away Mode at the preset time, which should be after my wife leaves for work but does this work with geofencing turned on or will the geofencing over ride the plug in? The Vera GUI shows the Scene ran at the scheduled time to switch to Away Mode but going to the Dashboard shows that it was still in Home Mode. I had to manually set it to Away which completely defeats the purpose of the plug in… well not completely, did switch to Home Mode and Night mode at the scheduled times last night.

If I am following you correctly, the schedule to change modes is working correctly but when you system was in home mode your wife left the geofence and the system dod not go into away mode.
Is she the only one with geofencing ON in their mobile? If more than one mobile has geofencing ON and is at home and the geofence option (Home when one device is home) is checked in the in the vera modes section and the “This is My Home” is not checked on the mobil device is not checked it will not go into away mode. Lots of variables here.

Watch the video again and make sure you have all of the options checked correctly.

The plugin gives you the ability to select modes as a trigger. it has not much to do with the scene itself.

Sorry for the late response. It is working correctly now. Thank you!