nginx http proxy -> 3480

Very interesting… I got the proxy running with ssl, the oauth2 seems to be a bit more work to get going as, if I understand it correctly it is yet another proxy between nginx and openLuup.

You can use oauth2_proxy as an SSL termination or as a proxy between nginx and openLuup. The latter is what I used and is the left picture in the architecture diagram on the github page for oauth2_proxy. If you only have openLuup, it might be easier to skip nginx entirely and use oauth2_proxy as the SSL termination. I like the flexibility of nginx and I am also serving Grafana through it and expect to serve my cameras through it as well, so I’m going to continue to use it.

The changes to the nginx conf files are minimal - mostly replace the direct connect to openLuup with oauth2_proxy instead and remove basic authentication. Then configure oauth2_proxy to connect to openLuup. If you need any example config files let me know and I can post what I used.

Thank you, I tinkered a little with it and got oauth2 up and running without nginx now so I only have one proxy. Still playing with the password + Google authenticator.

Edit:
Ok it seems like the password function is designed to pass on to the downstream website which in my case is openLuup and does not require one. So it is essentially not functional.