newbie help needed for LINEAR FS20Z-1 on garage door

hi. i installed linear FS20Z-1 on garage door as an opener. problem is that i only need it to stay on for a second or two to operate opener. it stays on or off constantly. step by step (im new to this) how would i setup in verde lite (i think it would be in scenes) to just momentarily go on and then go off? thanks in advance, jimmy

I would advise you to look into the garage door plugin. It does what you are looking for.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:2, topic:177469”]I would advise you to look into the garage door plugin. It does what you are looking for.

• Garrett[/quote]

Garrett, sorry for being ignorant but where to i find this? thanks

In the Vera app store.

• Garrett

To use the garage door plugin, you’ll also need a door/window sensor. It’s the only way to go.

However, if you’re dead set on having control of your garage door in the meantime, and are willing to do without knowing what the open/close status of your garage door is, you can accomplish what you’re trying to do with a reset scene. Create a new scene that is triggered when your FS20Z-1 relay operates, and then shut off the FS20Z-1 relay in the scene. The relay contact will be closed for less than a second, most likely, and then get reset by your new scene.

[quote=“DeltaNu1142, post:5, topic:177469”]To use the garage door plugin, you’ll also need a door/window sensor. It’s the only way to go.

However, if you’re dead set on having control of your garage door in the meantime, and are willing to do without knowing what the open/close status of your garage door is, you can accomplish what you’re trying to do with a reset scene. Create a new scene that is triggered when your FS20Z-1 relay operates, and then shut off the FS20Z-1 relay in the scene. The relay contact will be closed for less than a second, most likely, and then get reset by your new scene.[/quote]
Delta, I have a window sensor setup. Im have trouble creating this scene to shut off relay since im new. How do I do it exactly. I set up a scene for my lamp for a wall outlet but im having trouble with this relay to shut down after a second or two after i turn it on. thanks, jimmy

As I mention, please look into the garage door plugin found in the vera app store. It will do what you want with out any fuss.

• Garrett

If you have a window sensor, forget what I said & do what @garretwp says below.

i installed app Garage Door 1.20 im still lost on how to get this thing working. thanks