New Vera app - input please

Simple 3 different veras.

[quote=“sceneflow, post:13, topic:190606”]Thanks for all the great suggestions and the offer to help test. Will definitely take you up on it when the time comes.

Some of the underlying ideas are similar - a wholistic view of the home with a focus on visuals. The floor plan concept
has a lot in common with the room-based approach. I think there might be a way to combine the two together - maybe not use a traditional floor plan but allow the room images to be arranged (dashboard grid concept) in a way that’s similar to your home’s layout. Just thinking out load right now…[/quote]

Or individual floor plans for rooms. On tablets it would work great (Android at least). Room selection pane to the left, when a room is clicked on a floor plan of that room expands out. The “home screen” could be configurable for user defined items or scenes.

[quote=“RHINESEL, post:22, topic:190606”][quote=“sceneflow, post:13, topic:190606”]Thanks for all the great suggestions and the offer to help test. Will definitely take you up on it when the time comes.

Some of the underlying ideas are similar - a wholistic view of the home with a focus on visuals. The floor plan concept
has a lot in common with the room-based approach. I think there might be a way to combine the two together - maybe not use a traditional floor plan but allow the room images to be arranged (dashboard grid concept) in a way that’s similar to your home’s layout. Just thinking out load right now…[/quote]

Or individual floor plans for rooms. On tablets it would work great (Android at least). Room selection pane to the left, when a room is clicked on a floor plan of that room expands out. The “home screen” could be configurable for user defined items or scenes.[/quote]

That interaction model will work well, and like you said, only for a tablet. I’m having trouble getting it to look good and be functional on a phone. It’ll work for a very small number of devices, but doesn’t scale (what integlikewhoa said).

i did mention a web interface in another thread on this forum, but in a nutshell, this is how I would at least like to have my house represented on a tablet:

http://karpero.mine.nu/ha/

It is a web server control called HomeAutomation.