New Plugin: Switchboard -- Virtual Switches Re-imagined

Ok, found that the BinaryLight files came back when I reverted. I deleted them and formatting is now normal with text gone. On marketplace version 1.3

I did notice that I am now getting a reactor error on purge / reload.

ERROR:Module not found:port_3480

But Started 8 of 8 seems normal .

I am not sure if it has to do with the backups and restorations I had done while troubleshooting SwitchBoard.

I am remote right now. Will revisit once I am home and it it persists I will take it up in the Reactor thread.

Thanks

OK, I’m not clear on what you’re saying here. Can you describe this in more detail? Steps to reproduce?

From Reactors main console, doing a purge/reload yields the following error in a new browser window.

ERROR:Module not found:port_3480

Ah… yeah. Only works when you’re on local LAN access. As it is, that’s unlikely to be something you need to do. It’s principle job is to clear state data for running activities/scenes and reload Luup. It does not restart sensors (well, reloading Luup does, but the hard way–it’s not like Restart on an RS itself), and it does not purge RS-specific state, it only purges that particular data on the master device. Unless you’re using it as a shortcut to reload Luup, it’s probably not doing much for you.

Yep just a shortcut to reload luup. Thanks

A post was split to a new topic: Switchboard virtual switch changed by Reactor action not updating on HA

Patrick,

Is there any way to tie in the virtual dimmer into a Leviton 4 button scene controller? I would like to use the dimming paddles to control the virtual dimmer but if I try to associate it with the virtual dimmer it seems only show all my physical light switches and the virtual dimmer device is not a choice.

You can only make associations between real Z-wave devices, because the association is executed at the network level. The dimming rockers on the Leviton scene controllers, to my recollection, are further complicated by using Leviton-proprietary messages as well. I’m not aware that anyone has been successful getting the rockers to be functional except in direct use with other same-generation Leviton devices.

I’ve just installed the plugin to see if the following was possible, but I must be missing something…

I have two Fibaro RGBWs as under cabinet lights and each module controls one side of the kitchen. They are always used as if they are a single light, so I created a new Virtual Dimmer and added two scenes; one ‘On’ scene that switches both RGBW parents to On, and one ‘Off’ scene. These work as expected, but if I alter the dim level of the virtual dimmer, they only go On at 100% or Off if I lower the dim level to 0%. Is it possible to have the dim level go up and down of the real devices when I alter it on the virtual dimmer?

Kind of figured so much. No problem with dimming Linear switches from the scene controller but needed to set up group and associations under device options.

I’m working on this as part of a bigger upgrade for virtual dimmers. Stay tuned.

Brilliant, cheers!

At the request of a user outside of the forums, the current stable branch version of Switchboard now has an option to create virtual window covering devices. This could be coordinated with existing scenes/Lua/etc. that directly drive a device but are otherwise not fully implemented with a plugin.

Not sure if this has been reported before but if you click on Create New Virtual Device without choosing a device type the error message is in German:

Ja, das stimmt! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Version 1.5 is now released. This version just fixes a bug in the “motor simulator” for window coverings that would cause a 0 ramp rate to not correctly disable the simulator.

When using Tristate device with the impulse option, it resets to Off. Is there a way I can change the reset to be Void state please? Thanks.

I’ve noticed a weird behavior lately where my switches won’t hold their state or they aren’t actually getting the state set when I click on them. I think I had a previous version of Switchboard before it was an approved app so I deleted it all and then installed from the app store. I created two test binary switches. When I turn them ON the UI changes but when I look at the Target and State variables they still say 0. After a few minutes the UI changes back to showing them as OFF.

And if this is a Vera issue (which I’m leaning towards) I’m starting to get frustrated that I can’t rely on it anymore.

Any time the UI is performing inconsistently with the state of devices, you need to do a hard-refresh on your browser.

By the way, are you on 7.30? I’m noticing that UI/controller sync is much more fragile on 7.30.

Nope still on 7.29 with my VeraPlus. I’ve done all kinds of hard refreshes (ctrl+shift+r with firefox) and it doesn’t seem to help. I could almost forgive the UI being wrong if Vera still saw the switch as being correct behind the scenes.