new plugin: altDenon - for Denon AVR

[quote=“amg0, post:20, topic:199889”]it is possible that if you want the auto update feature of vera you should just delete your devices ( not removing the file ).
then go to install App and select that pluing and let it install by vera.

otherwise, you can keep it like that and you do not have to delete any file, when you request the install from vera store it will automatically override all files. I anyhow tend to keep github version more recent[/quote]
it is available on public store : http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=9156

[quote=“amg0”][quote=“amg0, post:20, topic:199889”]it is possible that if you want the auto update feature of vera you should just delete your devices ( not removing the file ).

otherwise, you can keep it like that and you do not have to delete any file, when you request the install from vera store it will automatically override all files. I anyhow tend to keep github version more recent[/quote]
it is available on public store : MiOS Apps
Nice work Amg0

[quote=“PrincessCleavage, post:22, topic:199889”][quote=“amg0”][quote=“amg0, post:20, topic:199889”]it is possible that if you want the auto update feature of vera you should just delete your devices ( not removing the file ).

Nice work Amg0[/quote]
Cool;-)
For my curiosity are you using on ui7 or altui ?

[quote=“amg0”][quote=“PrincessCleavage, post:22, topic:199889”][quote=“amg0”][quote=“amg0, post:20, topic:199889”]it is possible that if you want the auto update feature of vera you should just delete your devices ( not removing the file ).

Nice work Amg0[/quote]
Cool;-)
For my curiosity are you using on ui7 or altui ?[/quote]
UI7 tried Altui but seemed to heavy for my Vera edge or something else cause instability so I removed it

I was looking for something like this since the old plugin kept hanging my vera when it couldn’t connect to the Denon.

However - This plugin doesn’t let me us the device as a trigger - is there anyway to fix this?

[quote=“ernestfitzgerald, post:25, topic:199889”]I was looking for something like this since the old plugin kept hanging my vera when it couldn’t connect to the Denon.

However - This plugin doesn’t let me us the device as a trigger - is there anyway to fix this?[/quote]
tell me more about what kind of trigger you d see useful, I can see how to add them.
alternatively luup variable_watch is an option

What I was hoping for is - If my Denon is on, trigger my Home Theatre welcome scene (close blinds, etc.)
Is there any way of achieving this?

Thanks!

[quote=“ernestfitzgerald, post:27, topic:199889”]What I was hoping for is - If my Denon is on, trigger my Home Theatre welcome scene (close blinds, etc.)
Is there any way of achieving this?

Thanks![/quote]

with v0.62 version which is on github only for now in GitHub - amg0/Denon: ALT Denon plugin for VERA , the variable Status is emitting events.
so you can use the classical UI7 event notifcations ( or as a trigger in scene ) when the Status variable goes to 1 ( ON ) or 0 ( STANDBY or OFF )

Ok great - thanks I will try it out.

Hello amg0,

First test looks god for me (avr-x3400h).
In order to save energy I switch off all my avr during the day using a zwave switch.
The other plugin did not reconnect so the connection status is a welcome addition.
Thanks!
(Donation done …)

[quote=“Sjoerd, post:30, topic:199889”]Hello amg0,

First test looks god for me (avr-x3400h).
In order to save energy I switch off all my avr during the day using a zwave switch.
The other plugin did not reconnect so the connection status is a welcome addition.
Thanks!
(Donation done …)[/quote]

not sure what you mean by connection status but the feature seems to be there. check the variable IconCode. 100 for reachable ( poweron or powerstby ) and 0 for not reachable ( like switched off with a powerplug )

I realise now this can be read in 2 ways, as a request or remark.
I did mean it IS working (Remark!) and a fine addition compared to the other app!

Just got the new plugin and everything triggers off the status - on/off which is great!

Way do i see that on my Vera APP and how do get rid of it?

I do not think it is linked to that plugin. Check the parent id to see which plugin created these.

I can see it only via App and can’t see the parent ID

Hi amg0. Not sure if you are still on top of this but I have just discovered it and find it incredibly useful for switching sources.

Regarding the question of “triggers” above though, I find that none of the variables change whatever I do wth the unit. So if the unit switches off, the Status variable remians at “1”. Similalrly, I can only get the source name using the SI? command whereas I have a function that needs to react when the source changes. Is there any way of making the variables respond to actions on the unit (and have one which defines the current source)?

Many thanks in advance for your help.