New firmware version 1.6.641 breaks SQ Remote !!!

Message to Everyone using SQ Remote to connect to and use their Vera system.

The latest version of firmware (UI6) works with an entirely new API with regard to discovery and connection to local Vera Systems. We have begun getting reports from users that SQ Remote does not connect?

MCV did not tell us of this change, and from what I can see in the forums the access to any information for 3rd parties is limited (people are trying to “packet sniff” the SSL connections to reverse engineer, but without any luck.

Until we are presented with an API there is no chance that we can make any amendments to SQ Remote to correct this issue. Is there any information for 3rd parties regarding this new API?

John

It’s good to hear from you guys… We though you went out of business on other threads here.

Hi John,

I think that @garrettwp at least has been working with MCV on doing this for his android app and has had good success in getting it working by the looks of it:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,23004.0.html

Hello John,

Long time no talk. Hope all is well with you guys.

Very unfortunate that MMS breaks 3rd party apps so ‘well’, and that there are no published APIs yet to support it.

I hope you find the ability to update SQ Remote to support UI6+. I still consider this app to be the most feature filled app for mobile Vera users, and would love to see development continue on it.

-Robert

[quote=“SquareConnectJohn, post:1, topic:179743”]Message to Everyone using SQ Remote to connect to and use their Vera system.

The latest version of firmware (UI6) works with an entirely new API with regard to discovery and connection to local Vera Systems. We have begun getting reports from users that SQ Remote does not connect?[/quote]

John - Any update on if the new firmware is compaitable with SQ Remote. +1 from me for this being the best Home Automatio App on iOS platform. I have done installation for a number of my friends using this App and they are super happy. I too would like to see this app continue to be developed and be compaitable with the new Vera firmware. Any update on when you are planning to make it compaitable (if it’s not already) will immensely help numerous user who are on the same boat as me (i.e. want to experiment with UI6/7-Beta) but can’t coz we loose the very ability to control vera remotely with SQ Remote.

Another +1 on SQ Remote and the SQ Blaster - it’s much simpler to set up and configure the IR than through Vera. I’ll be very sad to see this app and system go unsupported! Anything we can do to help?

Ugh - so it looks like Square Connect is gone now… Going to their website shows that their domain name has expired. Not a good sign. http://www.squareconnect.com - RIP…

UPDATE: If anyone is looking for information that used to be on the live Square Connect site, the Way Back Machine has a snapshot here.

Still looks grim, but on their facebook page they recently posted a link to dropbox containing their utilities. They say they are trying to figure out what happened with the website:

Hope this helps anyone out there.

Aaaaggghhh no no no, please don’t go SQ Remote, by far the best vera app on the market!!!
Please fix it, even if we have to pay for it again!!!