New firmware release (June 16). Has it fixed the PLEG saving issue?

As in the title guys, has anyone tried the beta firmware and seen if the PLEG saving issue is fixed?

Mios tech support promised this but I didn’t see it on the firmware release notes.

Cheers

[quote=“Chrisfraser05, post:1, topic:192837”]As in the title guys, has anyone tried the beta firmware and seen if the PLEG saving issue is fixed?

Mios tech support promised this but I didn’t see it on the firmware release notes.

Cheers[/quote]

It appears to have created new problems that seem worse according to all the PLEG post I see.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,38226.0/topicseen.html

And Post #209 and beyond here.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,37674.195.html

I have a feeling I may be buying the homeseer controller soon lol.

Thanks for the info buddy

The really bad part is the guys who have been here for years see the pattern quit clear.

This was the longest time between updates since I have ever owned a vera. Right at 6 Months between updates. They claimed when everyone asked why no updates that it was going to be huge, and they would rather release a good working update then rush for half a** updates once a month like they been doing.

Well 6 months later they release a BETA that seems to be right along the lines of the old monthly updates, which doesn’t appear to be addressing any of the user’s issues (Devcies showing offline, PLEG issues, Devices not working, PLUS missing alot of compatibility of devices among many other things) and it still seems to break more then it fixes. So the whole wait along time to get good results didn’t work out in my eyes.

I think there is more going on behind the scenes that isn’t getting shared. Something is slowing production of updates and hindering the quality of them.

I also wonder if the WIFI (ability to connect your plus to the internet via wifi) on the PLUS was fixed. This is the first update since it was released in FEB.

The UI for PLEG and Vera Alerts will NOT work with 7.15 Beta.
This is a serious problems.
The Beta does not support Encrypted Java Script files needed by the User Interface.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:5, topic:192837”]The UI for PLEG and Vera Alerts will NOT work with 7.15 Beta.
The Beta does not support Encrypted Java Script files needed by the User Interface.[/quote]

Groan. They should make 7.15 unavailable.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:5, topic:192837”]The UI for PLEG and Vera Alerts will NOT work with 7.15 Beta.
The Beta does not support Encrypted Java Script files needed by the User Interface.[/quote]

This just shows they did little to no testing on their part before release. It doesn’t take the whole community to ALPHA test their releases for weeks on end to find these bugs.
This big of an issue could have been found real easy with only 1 or 2 user’s in an Alpha program or even if they would have shared it with you before hand. I understand hard to find issues that only effect one or two users configurations that maybe have slipped threw the pre testing cracks. But it seems like their issues are so large that within the first 10 min of release and first few users the problems already start pilling up. I know their excuse is now it’s “BETA” but I think Beta’s are usually better and you can’t use that as an excuse for botched updates that took 6 months to produce.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:7, topic:192837”]This just shows they did little to no testing on their part before release. It doesn’t take the whole community to ALPHA test their releases for weeks on end to find these bugs.
This big of an issue could have been found real easy with only 1 or 2 user’s in an Alpha program or even if they would have shared it with you before hand. I understand hard to find issues that only effect one or two users configurations that maybe have slipped threw the pre testing cracks. But it seems like their issues are so large that within the first 10 min of release and first few users the problems already start pilling up. I know their excuse is now it’s “BETA” but I think Beta’s are usually better and you can’t use that as an excuse for botched updates that took 6 months to produce.[/quote]

While I disagree with you on a number of other things - I agree with you here. I don’t understand how they put out a Beta such a critical flaw, unless there is no Alpha at all.

How about a PLEG for Home Seer?

[quote=“zedrally, post:9, topic:192837”][quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:5, topic:192837”]The UI for PLEG and Vera Alerts will NOT work with 7.15 Beta.

How about a PLEG for Home Seer?[/quote]

Not needed HS already has built in logic with the same capabilities except in drop down menus vs. Writing it out.

Can you please tell me how to do Sequence Conditions in HS?
I love the way HS has drop downs, but no one can tell me about sequences (even in the HS forum).

Can you please tell me how to do Sequence Conditions in HS?
I love the way HS has drop downs, but no one can tell me about sequences (even in the HS forum).[/quote]

I think you need to post your logic or your goal and we can try to help. There is no specific way to do a complicated Sequence. A basic sequence is very easy to use
if motion B changes to tripped and motion A is already tripped then… action
If you trying to do motion a then b then c your probley going to need to run a timer or couter or maybe both. Say have a counter count up if motion b trips after a then have it count up again if c trips after b have everything reset after a set time.

Im sure there is more ways to do this, but i took my 4 plegs with 20 to 30 contions and converted them all over quick. I had sequences before but i dont think i needed anyof them after moving over. Usually basic sequences are like i first described.

Again post your example in that forum and someone can tell you one or more ways to make it happen. You find anything else you couldn’t do with the built in logic?

I finally sent a help ticket in on the saving issue and they said that the July 12th firmware would fix the issue. I installed it today and so far it seems to be working.

1.7.2044 for Vera Plus

http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2466977-ui7

Fingers are crossed that this keeps working and no new issues…

Planning to upgrade and re-install my whole setup tonight. Can anybody else confirm that PLEG is working?