new firmware 1.1.1174

i am reading the release notes of vera2 http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Release_Notes

i am using 1.1.1047

it suggests that there is a new firmware 1.1.1174 . I did not bother ask them how to get it since i know from previous tries that i will not get any response whatsoever.

any one knows how can i get this firmware and try it? thanks

There’s already a newer version that you should wait for. It really won’t be long so hang in there!

Let me start off by stating that I am the person’s dad who is converting from X10 to Z-wave.

After researching a replacement for X10, I finally decided on Z-wave after many hours of wading through all the reviews, good, bad and indifferent; even reading the forum for any nuggets of information to help me make my decision. I settled on the MCV Vera 2, and after a month of waiting on it, it finally arrived.

After searching through the forum, it is very difficult to find the exact information I need to figure out my problems.

So now I am ready to start deploying my Z-wave components, but I am having a hard time figuring out what firmware version I should settle on.

I see some follks saying don’t upgrade to .1047, stay at the level the unit is shipped with (.996), or as this thread now points out my best bet is to wait for .1174.

Is there a definitive answer to what firmware version I should be on? When .1174 is released, is it a beta release or GA?

I have more questions, but will try to find the proper thread to post those to.

Thanks to all for helping me figure this out!!

It sure has been a frustrating wait for MCV to release a stable version. I just got a confirmation from MCV that the next FW version will be released in the next couple of days…maybe even sooner. You will get a notification on the dashboard to upgrade the FW.
I can live with my exsisting issues for a couple more days if that will resolve all the failures and the like. Keeping fingers crossed on this new FW.

The last build that they offered to the beta testers is spot on for release. There are a few reports of some minor ui bugs. But I am sure these will be fixed very soon. I would bet that the release will be out very very shortly. MCV is really trying there best to get this build out.

• Garrett

Are you beta testers drinking the Kool-Aid? You guys have been saying the same thing for quite some time. “just wait almost done”. LOL

yeah we drank the Kool-Aid…We keep finding issues and MCV is working on resolving the issues. Hopefully, the will release it in the next couple days. The memory issues seem to be a thing of the past.

Adding a thumb drive sounds like a good idea if it frees up resources. Have any of you guys tried this? Does it work?

The beta testers are volunteer end users not paid MCV employees. If it were not for the beta testers chiming in with some information, you guys would probably have no information.

JOD.

The beta testers are volunteer end users not paid MCV employees. If it were not for the beta testers chiming in with some information, you guys would probably have no information.

JOD.[/quote]
…and yes, we’re drinking the Kool-Aid. :wink:

Yum… Vera flavored Kool-Aid!

[quote=“lastmacuser, post:8, topic:167471”]Adding a thumb drive sounds like a good idea if it frees up resources. Have any of you guys tried this? Does it work?[/quote]More than a handful have and there were some issues with it working at all to start with! The good thing is that it does indeed seem to help a lot.

WitsEnd721 - you are exactly where I was one year ago! Z-wave and Vera, when working correctly, are vastly superior to the X10 products. Alas, I must emphasize when working correctly. The Vera firmware over the last several months (well, back to September I think), has reeked a bit of havoc for a number of us. Hopefully, the new firmware will once again return us to a highly stable HA environment!

akashk - I truly do hope the firmware release is imminent. But I must also add that I first heard ‘in the next couple days’ from MCV back in early December. And several times since. Patience is a virtue and the long wait will have been worth it if the release is as solid as the beta testers indicate.

In the meantime, please pass the koolaid! ;D

I really really am praying that they fixed the date and time issue. I am unable to create one simple descent scene with a timer since the date and time keeps resetting to january 2000 with a totally different time. I even created a UPnP device that broadcasts Date and Time from my PC to try to circumvent this issue. ( but i did not succeed to make it work with vera :-[)

Please someone tell me the date and time willl get fixed plzzz

mdconnelly : i figured it would be trial and error for me, but though I would use the resources at hand. Thank you for replying!

akashk - I truly do hope the firmware release is imminent. But I must also add that I first heard 'in the next couple days' from MCV back in early December. And several times since. Patience is a virtue and the long wait will have been worth it if the release is as solid as the beta testers indicate.

Yup, I have seen those claims in the past as well. But this time the beta testers seem confident that the release is imminent. I would trust the beta testers a bit more since they are users like you me. I would be surprised if the FW is not released by this weekend.

I can say that I have not experienced any issues with Vera’s internal clock on the latest firmwares.

Vera doesn’t have an internal battery for a RTC, so she synchronizes with external time servers periodically.

From the issue notes for the new release:

1. Don’t execute timers if time jumps, caused by a new sync to the ntp server

Will this new firmware fix my problem with my ACT relay switch not polling? I’m not exactly sure what this means but they sound promising. Can a Beta tester explain what these mean?

1. Add crossdomain.xml so ActionScript clients can poll

Or this will at least help me trouble shoot it some.

1. Store a counter of all polls (PollOk) with the number that failed transmission (PollTxFail) or failed to reply (PollNoReply). All counters are reset whenever you do a heal network. The counters are visible as extra variables in the device’s advanced tab. This is for troubleshooting ZWave problems.

THANK YOU to ALL Beta Testers for working through the bugs of the new firmware!

Is this available for download? I know it’s beta, but it’s likely better than what I have now…