New door locks throughout house

Battery/non-repeater devices; I have 2 of the Zooz 4in1 sensors, also not working. I have 2 of the Dome leak sensors, seem to be working well.

Wire/mains repeater devices; I have 2 of the Dome on/off switches. These seem to work intermittently.

In hindsight, I wonder if I was too impatient during the include process. Can you describe to me when you consider the include process to be complete? Do you always wait till the end of the 60-second countdown? Or do you wait until the Z-Wave light comes back on the Vera?

Thanks,
John

You shouldn’t get to the end of the 60 second count-down. If the device includes, the countdown stops. Wouldn’t hurt anything for you to exclude and then re-include one of them to see if that clears things up.

Do they even support secure beaming? Only devices that do can repeat a lock.

The distance between the Vera Controller and your locks is part of the problem. You can solve this by adding more powered Zwave devices in your home: light switches, power outlets, etc. You could also buy a few plug-in lamp modules. This helps spread the Zwave signals around the house. The signals create a mesh that allows Zwave devices to communicate and repeat signals to each device in your home. (Note: battery operated devices – sensors, door locks – do not repeat signals). The more powered devices you have spread around your house, the better experience you will have.