New Controller -New Hardware??

HI–

Has anyone seen the new insteon controller that now supports z-wave:

http://www.smarthome.com/universal-devices-isy994izw-insteon-z-wave-automation-controller.html

Any thoughts?

My first thought was “I wish I knew this was out before I bought mg ISY”.

I would likely still use the Vera but I would see if the current ISY plugin could be used to support the z-wave devices as well. I’m still considering it actually.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

[quote=“SirMeili, post:2, topic:183439”]My first thought was “I wish I knew this was out before I bought mg ISY”.

I would likely still use the Vera but I would see if the current ISY plugin could be used to support the z-wave devices as well. I’m still considering it actually.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Guess it is still not officially “out” since they are taking pre-orders…but more competition for MCV.

Don

They need to compete with pleg as well. Pleg, and plugins in general, make the Vera outshine things like the ISY. I can’t control my nest thermostat or hue bulbs from the ISY as far as I know. And the logic that pleg gives us is unbeatable for most if not all the controllers in the price range.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

[quote=“SirMeili, post:4, topic:183439”]They need to compete with pleg as well. Pleg, and plugins in general, make the Vera outshine things like the ISY. I can’t control my nest thermostat or hue bulbs from the ISY as far as I know. And the logic that pleg gives us is unbeatable for most if not all the controllers in the price range.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I think that’s one thing we can ALL agree on… without PLEG, Vera would be dead in the water. I sincerely hope they are throwing money at Richard under the table.

I could not agree more on that one!!!

I added the Z-Wave daughter board to my ISY and am quite happy with it. I use it for Schlage door locks and Linear garage door controllers and it works great. I’ll no doubt be adding additional devices. Z-Wave is still in beta with UDI. They do update their firmware quite often and 5.0 is due out soon.