Mysterious Time Zone Change??

[quote=“eiriktakle, post:15, topic:200151”]Are any of you guys running the beta version of VeraMobile?
My troubles started the same evening I installed the beta, or at least it looks like it…[/quote]

Now that you mention it, yes I just started using the mobile beta. I believe it was the same day also.

and there I was just about to look at the beta App, I’ll hold off for now.

Cheers Rene

I don’t think this is tied to the app. Correct me if I’m wrong but I can’t seem to find anywhere in the app where you can view let alone change the timezone. After three days of fighting the timezone constantly resetting I finally made repeated changes (and yes I saved those changes) to my information in Settings > Location and Users & Account Info > Unit Settings. After making multiple changes and saving each one at a time the unit “appears” to have saved my timezone.

To me, this issue seems to point to a problem between the web form and how/when the data is saved on the Vera.

Hi guys, this is already under the magnifying glass as we speak.

This needs to be addressed quickly as it is causing the scenes to run at incorrect times. As long as I do not go to use my androids VeraMobile it stays. I have an Android phone so when I am on the road I now have to use chrome to access. >:(

It’s now reverted to GMT-5:00 (after i’d moved my events to GMT-11:00)

After the initial mysterious switch I switched it back to the correct zone and it has stayed there even with me using the beta many times.
Have you tried switching it back to the correct time zone?

running the beta and all is OK (I’m in OZ).

Edit: no. I’n not OK. The Beta caused a FW upgrade which shot my working system.
Now awaiting a downgrade to my last known working FW version.
Use in Sandpit only.

Good day everyone.

The mysterious time zone changes were indeed affecting the Android beta users, but this was, in fact, part of a deeper implementation of a timezone mechanism which was reverted in the latest Android Beta push.

Same here - not running beta.

Changed back to my TZ and it has not reoccurred.