My dashboard ask me to login if I go to Users and Account Info

Hello. I use Veralite, UI7, ver 1.7.318

I can access my dashboard locally with the address: http://192.168.1.107/cmh/#dashboard . It opens fine.

if I go to Users & Account Info it sends me immediately to login page. I login again, go to Users & Account and the same happen.

When I login to MiOS Account, it says there is a new unit . I click on “Add to MiOS Account” and opens dashboard. But I do not know how to add permanently the unit to my account because each time I open my MiOs account it says a new unit was found but it doesn’t add the unit to my account.

thanks and best regards

bump

I’m having the same issue with MiOS. MiOS finds my vera. I click add, it takes me to a screen for about a second then it jumps to Vera dashboard.
If I go back to MiOS, my Vera has not been added and lets me attempt to add it again.

Same here, using 1.7.388.

I experience the same problem and login in via a different internet system (not via my own network) the vera 3 responds with an unassigned unit

After creating a new account I could do everything needed. Now my energy (ergy) serial is missing :cry:

Same problem here. Has anyone found a solution?

Has this still not been fixed? I just upgraded to UI7 on my veralite, and same thing.

Same here. I want to access my Vera locally 100% of the time and now and then the login-page gets prompted.

Hey there,

If upgrading from UI5, make sure you go and create a new account over at https://home.getvera.com/users/register since UI7 is using the getvera servers.
After you create the new Ui7 account, login and assign the unit to your account.

Let me know how this works.

John,

I think people are confused by the login scheme with UI7:

1. As it stands UI7 is not secured and does not require login if accessed locally.
  2. While under local access in UI7, any time we need to access information from the server (alerts, backup, users info) we are sent to the getvera login but in reality we are really logging into the server then sent to the unit.

Some people would like to have a local only login which then let the unit login to the server when needed on its own without having us go to getvera so that the unit itself is secured even locally. UI7 currently is doing the opposite (login to the server which then forwards to the unit) which is useful when we remotely login but not when we are on the local network to the vera…
I think it works as you, mcv intended but it is different from UI5 and confuses people.

I apologize for the confusion but feedback from customers and community makes it better and we are thankful for that.

Enabling Secure Vera on UI7 will completely cut off the local http/ssh access on Vera unit and it will keep the connection through the https relay servers, even locally.

The idea is that under User & Account info and the backups menu can be found only information that is cloud dependent, and that’s why is going to ask for a login.

A Vera unit will be perfectly usable without the servers connection, but this way you will lose any cloud dependent services, like the user settings, alerts, backup, weather and so on.

Even on UI5, it was the same thing, you had to login to access the Account and Backups menu and if secure Vera was not enabled, it was still redirecting to the local IP, but if secure was enabled, it kept the unit accessible only through the relay servers, even locally.

I would say that the only difference that causes confusion is that UI7 is using the MMS backend, which uses different servers and username.

I would love to see an option have local users, alerts, backup, weather and so on on the Vera device itself.

I do not want to use the “vera http proxy”-thingy. I use Vera 100% locally. If I need to access my network(and vera) from the internet I have my own VPN solution in place.

Also… How can I customize the dashboard? It tells me the recent alerts, which I have cleared before, and everytime i click on the alerts on the dashboard I get the annoying login-screen again.
And I want to remove the energy-thing on the top. (ERGY doesnt work anyway for me).

Can this be fixed? Maybe an “advanced option-setting” in the settings menu can be implemented where we can make those changes?

Or is Vera the wrong device for me who like to make more customizations myself?

[quote=“glith, post:12, topic:182754”]I would love to see an option have local users, alerts, backup, weather and so on on the Vera device itself.

I do not want to use the “vera http proxy”-thingy. I use Vera 100% locally. If I need to access my network(and vera) from the internet I have my own VPN solution in place.

Also… How can I customize the dashboard? It tells me the recent alerts, which I have cleared before, and everytime i click on the alerts on the dashboard I get the annoying login-screen again.
And I want to remove the energy-thing on the top. (ERGY doesnt work anyway for me).

Can this be fixed? Maybe an “advanced option-setting” in the settings menu can be implemented where we can make those changes?

Or is Vera the wrong device for me who like to make more customizations myself?[/quote]

How do you have weather and other things that require internet kept locally? Vera has to access the internet to update those.

Apps like weather undergroud don’t use vera servers.

Vera Alerts don’t use Vera servers.

The dashboard is non existent and fully customizable when using a app like ImperiHome, AuthomationHD and others.

VPN also will work with all of these. If your a rebel and want nothing to do with VERA servers it’s all possible, but ofcourse things work easier and better with a cloud attached.

[quote=“glith, post:12, topic:182754”]Also… How can I customize the dashboard? It tells me the recent alerts, which I have cleared before, and everytime i click on the alerts on the dashboard I get the annoying login-screen again.
And I want to remove the energy-thing on the top. (ERGY doesnt work anyway for me).[/quote]

There is a thread on that with ways to edit some config files to remove some of the tiles and even change the color scheme of the UI7 dashboard.

Search the forums and yea shall find thou answer. :slight_smile:

If upgrading from UI5, make sure you go and create a new account over at https://home.getvera.com/users/register since UI7 is using the getvera servers.
After you create the new Ui7 account, login and assign the unit to your account.

Actually, this happened to me with a brand new VL.
I created an account on home.getvera.com
Went through setup, gave it serial and MAC
Checked for update, I’m running current version
Redirected to the local ip dashboard.
Going to ‘Login’ or ‘Users and Accounts Info’ dumps me at old site cp.mios…which tells me VERA NONE but offers to add the system it found
Forum advice is a chipper “Just create a new home.getvera.com” account.
Tried that, ‘no controllers added’.
Tried to add controller, get “unable to assign”

Do I nee to telnet in and wipe? That will fix and local glitches but it sounds to me as though this device is registered with MCV as a UI5, although it’s UI7, and someone on their end needs to decouple it from the UI5 site

Help?

The other thing that is consistently offered as advice is that you clear your browser’s cache. You haven’t said you did that, but maybe you did…

There was reported known errors that affected a number of units which weren’t registering correct and the results were cycling approach you appear to be experienced.

The only resolution was via support and even a factory reset would not resolve.