MultiSwitch Plugin

You can have yourself a coldie then.
I have one, in my hand, as we [i]speak[/i]. ;D

@RexBackett.
Is there any particular reason you haven’t put this stupendous! Plugin on the app store, or whatever it’s called?

I haven’t seen any reason to put in on the app store.

stepping off-topic alittle

does anyone know if there is a physical Multiswitch) avaiable somewhere to buy ?
the plugin is great … but it lacks the “touch” :stuck_out_tongue:

well a x-gang switch with a few on/off triggers would do it i guess but i have not seen anything with more than 3 gangs yet.

There are tons of them.

For example:
http://www.asihome.com/ASIshop/index.php?cPath=564_570&osCsid=4107a3952fd9303a18a70dd1831c5844

[quote=“S-F, post:45, topic:175022”]There are tons of them.

For example:
http://www.asihome.com/ASIshop/index.php?cPath=564_570&osCsid=4107a3952fd9303a18a70dd1831c5844[/quote]

yeah the evolve ones are quite cool … but they all scene controllers … i not really willing to spend 200Bucks to find out i can not control/check on the button status via the vera.

i asked already another company (chinese manufacturer) regarding virtual switches or any other ways of finding out a button is pressed and turning them back off remotely … (Evolve LCD-1)
but its like talking to a wall … so i gave up.

I have a question regarding the multi switch. Out of PLEG, in actions, i want the action to press the switch, which if i understand right should toggle the switch (one of the switches in multiswich to be precise). Not sure if that approach is working, so far it seems not to work, but i will have to investigate a bit further.
One solution, if possible. Can i set a switch in multi switch to ‘on’ somehow ? So if it is on already, i want it left as on, not changed to off, but if it was off it should be changed to on, so in fact emulating a ‘normal’ virtual switch not a toggle switch
Hope that makes sense…

Edit the action in PLEG and click on the Advanced tab. Change the value of newStatusN from -1 (toggle) to 1 (on) or 0 (off). Then save, save, etc.

Can i have more than 1 multi switch ? If so how do i install a second one ?

Same way you created the first one but no need to download files.

great plugin…is there anyway of hiding buttons? I only need 4 or 5

Thank you for the feedback.

I’m afraid that there isn’t any mechanism for hiding unused buttons. Vera’s UI does not provide any facility for selective button visibility.

I am unable to use multi switch as trigger for regular scenes. Is this a know limitation?

It works on my system. How are you setting the scene triggers? What happens?

Did you use the SetNames feature to change the button names? Do you have RadioBtns set?

Hmm. OK. I got it working. Here’s the scoop. I was trying to alter an existing trigger. I could select the multi switch but there the UI failed and nothing more happened. Completely removing any triggers from the scene and saving allowed me to properly select and configure a trigger with a multi switch. I have changed some names but not set any radio buttons.

EDIT

Oops. I accidentally hit the report to mod link on your last post. I hope you don’t get heat for that or loose experience points or forum cred, or whatever.

Sorry about that one.

So you were editing an existing trigger from some other device to MultiSwitch? I think that will fail whatever two devices you try it with. I know you can edit a MultiSwitch trigger to a different button or different state but changing to a different device upsets the UI and it tends to delete the old trigger. Just another Vera foible. ::slight_smile:

Oops. I accidentally hit the report to mod link on your last post. I hope you don't get heat for that or loose experience points or forum cred, or whatever.
The forum SWAT team have my house surrounded but they pulled-back when I threatened to demonstrate how to configure a Fibaro HC2 . If I get out of here alive, are you good for the bail? ;D

Bail? Oh I’ll be there. Wouldn’t miss it.

I wasn’t simply altering a trigger. I was deleting an existing one and trying to make a new one… without saving first. The save in between was the magic bullet.

Late answer, but I just saw this:

@chixxi, if some bits of the UI seem familiar it will be because I stole chunks of your code. Many thanks for the helping hand.
Basically the virtual switch was not developped by me, I just created an icon, added the text variables and publeshed it on apps.mios.com for users which don't know how to manually install virtual devices.

You posted here that you introduced the possibility to rename the button labels. How does this work? Is it represented in the dashboard or is this just for a javascript based tab? Does this change the json file? Can this individually be set for each device? I think I need to have a look at your code ;D

This is an old topic, just don’t want to miss a solution if there is one…

Here is an example of renaming the variables and how they are displayed.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16668.msg127813.html#msg127813

Thanks @Brientim!

I am wondering if I should “copy” this for the simple virtual switch, it is the most requested features by far!

What do you think, would make sense?

@RexBeckett: Would you mind if I copy some of your code?