Multiple instances Fibaro Relay

I just added a Fibaro relay , but now it shows up 3 times in my vera 3.
Does anyone know what’s wrong here?
When I try to delete the other 2 , it deletes all of them :frowning:

Thanks in advance,
Herman

If you are using a Fibaro FGS-221 (2 x 1.5kW) or FGS-211 (1 x 3kW) switch, Vera will create three devices - although usually one is hidden.

The first device is the parent and also controls relay 1 (S1). The second device controls relay 1 (S1) and is usually hidden as the parent can be used. The third device is for S2. With FGS-221, this controls relay 2. With FGS-211 this shows the status of the S2 input.

If you do not want to use the child devices, you can hide them by adding to Startup Lua:

luup.attr_set("invisible","1",123)

Change 123 to the device number you want to hide.

Thank you very much for the reply, RexBeckett.
I didn’t know, but if I understand you correctly , I can control 2 switches with the Fibaro FGS-211, right? If that’s the case, that’s interesting :smiley:

Herman

[quote=“Django, post:3, topic:186074”]Thank you very much for the reply, RexBeckett.
I didn’t know, but if I understand you correctly , I can control 2 switches with the Fibaro FGS-211, right? If that’s the case, that’s interesting :smiley:

Herman[/quote]

You can use the S2 part of the Fibaro FGS-211 as an input-only device in Vera. I use this in several places in my system to send triggers to scenes or PLEG logic. In some instances it serves as a hold signal to prevent motion-triggered lights from turning off automatically. I do use a one-hour timer to override the hold switch in case I forget to turn it off.

You can also use S2 to control other Z-Wave devices by direct association (group 2).

Genius! I’m stealing this idea.

Genius! I'm stealing this idea.

You’re welcome and it isn’t stealing 'cos I volunteered the idea. The way I do it, the PLEG logic also checks the state of the Hold switch before it allows a motion trigger so it will hold the light off or on. This is handy on my outside lights - sometimes I just want to sit out and look at the stars without the light coming on when I reach for my beer. :wink: