MQTT Client Plugin

It seems to be OK.

You have to reload the luup engine to restart the suscription to MQTT topics.

If you want to monitor your MQTT topics, you can use mqtt-spy.

I reload LUA every time I make a change and all seems to load well, but the puzzling thing is that the pdf I uploaded (the plugin) says that the last received value was 69.60 and the child is reporting 66.76. Is there a log I can view that will tell me where the disconnect is?

EDIT: I also know that my topics function as expected since I have Node-Red publishing results to thingspeak every minute: Office Data - ThingSpeak IoT

I also loaded this onto my openLuup environment, looks good so far - many thanks for that. Iā€™ll be using this for an ESP8266 NodeMCU connected directly to my mini-split systems sending updates to Mosquitto.

[quote=ā€œvosmont, post:92, topic:190658ā€]New version on github (check the loading of the MQTT library)

@castrov, can you try to copy again the dependencies ?
The file sizes are weird.

on my Vera :

[code]
root@MiOS_xx:/# ls -lrt /usr/lib/lua

ā€¦

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 Sep 24 21:23 dkjson.lua ā†’ /mios/usr/lib/lua/dkjson.lua
-rw-rā€“r-- 1 root root 5989 Dec 5 23:28 utility.lua
-rw-rā€“r-- 1 root root 29819 Dec 5 23:28 mqtt_library.lua
[/code][/quote]

Gents sorry for nub question, iā€™m new in this z-wave world )
Will you please to help me with the BinaryLight1 issue

i have mosquitto 1.4.9-5 running on Synology. And mqqt send in topic only status of the ESP8266 switch : 1 or 0
How should I formulate the Target string in this case
mentioned example
urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1,Status=payload.value and ((payload.value==ā€œalarmā€) and ā€œ1ā€ or ā€œ0ā€)
doesnā€™t work

solved
urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1,Status=

Hi, hopefully Iā€™m not hijacking this too much (a bit new to Vera).

If I wanted to create a device to work with your MQTT plugin - say a DHT11/22 for an MCU - that records both Temp & Humidity, how would I go about this? (a link works too if this has already been answered some where I couldnā€™t find :slight_smile: )

I also noticed that the equivalent humidity sensor file, D_HumiditySensor1.xml/json isnā€™t like the temperature one. For the URNā€™s:
urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1 (temp)
urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HumiditySensor1 (humidity) ?

Though plugging that in instead of upnp doesnā€™t work (not entirely surprised) - I think I missed/misunderstood a stepā€¦ :o

@vosmont, thanks for improving this plugin. Iā€™m using both the the publish and subscribe aspects successfuly. Not without significant effort though. Learning is good.

I am using this plugin to update my new to me Home Assistant. And it really is helpful. But, maybe itā€™s me and my method of watching certain events but I noticed that to pull any temperature related sensor like Weather Underground Current Temperature or my Thermostate temp, it also is waking up my batter powered 4 in 1 sensor and sucking the battery. Does anyone know how to exclude the 4 in 1? The 4 in 1 is reporting but I donā€™t need or want it to.

Here are some examples:
Sending [OutsideHumidity] CurrentLevel changed to 79 from 81 on topic Vera/30007658/OutsideHumidity/HumiditySensor1/30
Sending [OutsideTemp] CurrentTemperature changed to 84.6 from 83.0 on topic Vera/30007658/OutsideTemp/TemperatureSensor1/32
Sending [Thermostat] CurrentTemperature changed to 77 from 76 on topic Vera/30007658/Thermostat/TemperatureSensor1/49
Here is the 4 in 1:
Sending [_4 in 1 sensor (temp)] CurrentTemperature changed to 74 from 73 on topic Vera/30007658/46/TemperatureSensor1/46

About the subscribe method, can someone provide a hint on how to use a switch (virtual) with a device which speaks only MQTT ? The case is that I want to control such a device (sonoff touch) by receiving and sending actions. When I tried to create a ā€œD_BinaryLight1.xmlā€ seems to refuse to toggle the switch when it is used as a child of the MQTT plugin.

I think I missed something from overall process ā€¦

Thank you

Hello,

The plugin just respond to change on variables of your devices. So if your 4 in 1 is reporting too much, you should search in the zwave parameters.

The plugin was initially designed to send MQTT messages on devicesā€™ changes, by selecting some kinds of device (service/variable).
Iā€™ve added the ability to subscribe to MQTT external events and change the state of a linked device in the Vera.
On the other side, the linked device (child) can not send directly MQTT message.

I will check if the modification is complex.

Guys
Ive never dug into mqtt, ever so forgive me for noobie questions.

Iā€™m looking for an easy way to integrate vera with Homeseer. My Vera is unstable so the goal is to offload the heaviest logic (security and Occupancy) to Homeseer while having vera for the many integrated systems I use (kodi, blue iris, myq, and more)

Can this mqtt plugin send device states to Homeseers mqtt plugin (via broker) and vice versa?

Anyone done this with Homeseer before?

Thx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

[quote=ā€œvosmont, post:109, topic:190658ā€]The plugin was initially designed to send MQTT messages on devicesā€™ changes, by selecting some kinds of device (service/variable).
Iā€™ve added the ability to subscribe to MQTT external events and change the state of a linked device in the Vera.
On the other side, the linked device (child) can not send directly MQTT message.

I will check if the modification is complex.[/quote]

First I would like to thank for the immediate response. Now I have added a missing part on my mind about how subscribe works. But just out of curiosity that means that the subscribe method works only on existing devices, correct ? Like for instance if I have a z-wave device and use the subscribe method, I can send an MQTT message for switching it on or off ?

Thank you

I now have installed both the Vera MQTT client and Docker Eclipse-Mosquittoā€¦ BUT Iā€™m not finding any info on how to setup the Broker.

Docker Eclipse-Mosquitto seems to be running (log says it is listening on 1883)

BUT, I cannot find any docs on how I set it upā€¦ if I type any command into the terminal (add user, etc) no response/answer back on the terminal.

I think I need to change the Broker Username/PW and maybe setup Username/PW for the clients (Iā€™ll have 2 - Homeseer & Vera).

Thanks for any help you can give!

Thanks for your great work on this plugin.

Iā€™ve been able to set it up and itā€™s running without any problems. I can see that the broker is receiving the messages from Vera. I was hoping that I could use this plugin to control a Sonoff relay via MQTT, but Iā€™ve not been able to wrap my brain around to be able to send a MQTT message that would look like this: Topic cmnd/sonoff/power and the variable is either on or off. I was thinking that I could create a virtual switch that could leverage this plugin to send the message.

Hello @MadsBrodersen, itā€™s the same need as @rmitsos.
I will try to find some time to look at that.

Hello, I use ā€œMQTT Spyā€ to debug my MQTT messages.

Using state of the child devices to send MQTT messages is too complex.

But you can use the action ā€œPublishā€ of the plugin in a scenario.

@Kincaidj Iā€™m interested why you chose this path rather than adding the Vera component to Home Assistant?

@MadsBrodersen. I wrote two guides about controlling Sonoffā€™s using MQTT that may prove helpful? [url=http://xbmcnut.blogspot.co.nz/search/label/Sonoff]http://xbmcnut.blogspot.co.nz/search/label/Sonoff[/url]

Hi

Are there any plans to make this plugin available via the Vera App Store ?

@xbmcnut. Thanks for the guides. I have my Sonoffs up and running using MQTT and Home Assistant. Iā€™m really surprised how easy and smooth Home Assistant is in setting up and running. I seriously looking into migrating from Vera to Home Assistant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk