Moving from UI5 to UI7

I have ImperiHome installed and running well on a number of Android wall tablets and mobile devices. Right now my Vera3 units run on UI5 but I’m working on the conversion to two VeraPlus under UI7.

I take it this change is essentially going to kill all my Android setups?

Hey… few posts on this, and on their beta forum.

Gist is that if you are only talking local… it ‘should’ work with a change to the IP settings.

for remote use… yes, you’ll have to rebuild.

that said, I haven’t made the move yet - this is one of the biggest reasons.

One quick thing I did work out. Run an android simulator app (like andy) on your PC. that way, you can use a mouse and keyboard when working within Imperihome. Should be much easier to make changes, create new pages, etc.

So the section of UI5 vs UI7 has nothing to do with the devices only the method of accessing them remotely? If that’s the case that’s good, I only use it on two truly mobile devices, my phone and my tablet, the rest are local wall mounted control tablets.

Then I can do the mobile devices and catch up with the others at my leisure

Thanks, appreciate it.

[quote=“clippermiami, post:3, topic:193108”]So the section of UI5 vs UI7 has nothing to do with the devices only the method of accessing them remotely? If that’s the case that’s good, I only use it on two truly mobile devices, my phone and my tablet, the rest are local wall mounted control tablets.

Then I can do the mobile devices and catch up with the others at my leisure

Thanks, appreciate it.[/quote]

Let us know how it goes …

Will do

did i see in another thread that this worked?

Probably; I forgot to update this one.

I moved one Vera3 UI5 to VeraPlus UI7 and had no problems controlling and reporting everything without changing the UI7 setting in ImperiHome. These were all LOCAL LAN connected control panels, I haven’t tried yet with a mobile device but as I understand it they will have to be changed do to the changes to the access mechanism for getvera.com. My current plan is to TRY moving my other, BIG ZWave base, Vera 3 to Vera Plus on Thursday. IF that works out then I can tackle the mobile ImperiHome setups and at my leisure go back and do the fixed in-house panels.