Mitsubishi Kumo Cloud Integration

Hi Moxified, I didn’t realize you were on this forum… Very cool.

Thanks for the post, I will admit that I haven’t updated the code from Git - not sure how old it is but it’s still running just fine. I’m currently using Huzzah Feathers and the quick connect sounds like a great idea (I definitely need to revisit this in the event one dies/flakes etc.). I have them placed in the exact same place as you mentioned which is perfect.

–CN

[quote=“Moxified, post:20, topic:193081”]I use this library with my openhab setup via mqtt. I had rounding issues at first because they used integers instead of floats in the library. They updated the library to support float a few months ago now. I find the hp to be very accurate to the degree in Fahrenheit. I use my zwave thermostats in rooms with hp’s to override the internal temp sensor of the hp. Once the floats were added this works very well. Much better than letting the units use their own sensor.

All to say, double check you have the latest pull from github. I futzed with it for a week before realizing I had an outdated copy.

I use adafruit huzzah for this. No fuss. It requires a single plug and some pins. Four wires from the huzzah to the hp. No regulators or resistors. I stuffed them up inside above the pop off panel on the bottom so they are hidden but you can get to them if you pop off the cover. I made my four wire dongle have standard female pins on the huzzah end so I can just unplug the huzzah from the dongle which runs up inside the hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

yeah. I’m not super active anymore as I use openHAB for everything except zwave. I just use my vera as a zwave controller for OH.

Same here, I packed up overnight once AltUI/openLuup introduced the addition of Z-Way support. I now run all the z-wave stuff on Raspberry Pi’s and everything else on, well Raspberry Pi’s… Z-Way is in no way as bad as Ve*ra but it does have it’s firmware issues. They (Z-Way) work pretty hard at putting out releases so I’m hoping for more stability and an increased range without use of repeaters or a massive mesh. And of course AltUI/openLuup support is stellar, love the support and ideas they’ve brought to the table… If it weren’t for them I’d definitely be using OH.

–CN

Sorry everyone, just wanted to drop in and give an update. Due to a family emergency I’ve spent no time testing/working on this until yesterday. I completed implementing the service file and testing looks great. I’m now just seeing if I can manage the logs better in the event others run into issues. So please be patient with me. When things are official, I’ll provide a turn-key system, instructions and create a formal thread announcing it’s release.

Thanks,
CN

[quote=“CudaNet, post:23, topic:193081”]Same here, I packed up overnight once AltUI/openLuup introduced the addition of Z-Way support. I now run all the z-wave stuff on Raspberry Pi’s and everything else on, well Raspberry Pi’s… Z-Way is in no way as bad as Ve*ra but it does have it’s firmware issues. They (Z-Way) work pretty hard at putting out releases so I’m hoping for more stability and an increased range without use of repeaters or a massive mesh. And of course AltUI/openLuup support is stellar, love the support and ideas they’ve brought to the table… If it weren’t for them I’d definitely be using OH.

–CN

Hey CudaNet,

Just wanted to let you know I’m still very much looking forward to your upcoming post :slight_smile:

Thanks!!!
Joe.

Joe, thanks for the post.

I’ve got most everything (plugin) defined and I’m working through some really minor tweaks (1st plugin so I’m being cautious). Logs are cleaned up and the state changes are defined with icon representation (Heat/Cool/Dry and Auto) and all the actions are available within AltUI workflows and scenes. I’m not familiar with how Home Wave represents AutoChangeOver (UI representation) in contrast to our heat pump devices so I need to unit test that and adjust if necessary. I’m thinking about how to go about it before I release to the public as a beta1.

–CN

[quote=“joepro, post:25, topic:193081”]Hey CudaNet,

Just wanted to let you know I’m still very much looking forward to your upcoming post :slight_smile:

Thanks!!!
Joe.[/quote]

Hi!

Any news about this project?

Thx

1 Like