Missing Icon For Motion Detectors in Custom Pages

I am building Custom Pages for my sensors and the icon for the Motion Detectors comes up as a broken link. All of the other device icons seem to work OK. I am on version 735.

Thx , I will check.
What’s your box UI version? And the device is a classical motion sensor device type ?

I have two Vera Edge - both on the latest UI7 firmware. The sensors are all Monoprice combined motion and temperature sensors that use the D_MotionSensor1 device file.

Thank you!

I also notice that on the devices screen it shows the generic z-wave icon for all the sensors:

Yea classic motion sensor works for me either there or on the custom panel. So my suggestion here is you check the actual Json device file use by these and share it back. You should be able to find it in device attributed the ‘device_json’
If not we could look in user_data in the static_data definition for this device type.
My guess is that the icon pointed to by this Json file is missing, or I have a bug in altUI, both are possible :slight_smile:

Envoy? de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

I don’t know if it means anything or not but the icons do appear correctly in the Vera UI7 screen:

Yes it means the icon is there and I need the json file that this device uses to see what’s wrong.
Can you please send this?

Here you go.

ok, that json file is shared among several devices (CO sensor, Door sensor, smoke sensor, motion sensor ) and the right icon is displayed only if the device is in the right category AND subcategory.
motion is subcategory 3 and I suspect whatever created your motion sensors have not created the subcategory properly

ALTUI can show you attributes ( here is an example ) . check your missing icon motion sensor attributes and especially the subcategory_num one and let me know. you can put 3 here ( each change will require a lua reload ! ) and see if it changes something

I haven’t had the chance to check them all out yet but the first four were set to Category 4, Subcategory 3. It takes a while to go through them all using Vera. Hopefully we can get Alt UI loading again so I can use it instead.

Checked through all of the motion detectors - this is a sample but they all show the same category and subcategory:

Still be trying to run down this issue. I ran across this web page:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_UPNP_Files#Device_Categories

This tends to support that Category 4 (Security Sensors) and Subcatagory 3 (Motion Detectors) are correct. I tried changing around subcategory numbers to see if I could get the icons to change but didn’t really have any luck.

From your PM it seems there is a new information.
Do you confirm that you are in a multi controller configuration, altUI working with Vera 1 as master and vera2 as secondary controller and that it is motion icons of vera1 which do not appear , while motion icons of vera2 are appearing fine ?

The Json file you sent earlier , was it coming from vera1 or vera2 ?

Thx

Both controllers are masters in separate buildings. The only connection is through AltUI but otherwise they are completely independent of one another. The JSON I sent you earlier is from Vera 1 which has the bulk of my Z-Wave devices on it. Vera 2 is installed in the garage. Motion icons are not correct in AltUI for Vera1 (although they do appear correct in the UI7 interface) and correct for Vera 2.

Both controllers have role set as: Role:Master SIS: NO PRI: YES

[quote=“bebaldin, post:14, topic:188970”]Both controllers are masters in separate buildings. The only connection is through AltUI but otherwise they are completely independent of one another. The JSON I sent you earlier is from Vera 1 which has the bulk of my Z-Wave devices on it. Vera 2 is installed in the garage. Motion icons are not correct in AltUI for Vera1 (although they do appear correct in the UI7 interface) and correct for Vera 2.

Both controllers have role set as: Role:Master SIS: NO PRI: YES[/quote]
Vera1 is the controller hosting altUI and Vera2 is the controller declared as in extracontroller in altUI?

That is correct.

hello bebaldin

root cause found is that the D_GlassSensor.json is using the same device_type in the json as the D_MotionSensor.json and is adding new conditions for icon display selection. ALTUI was only keeping the latest definition. in this beta version I do a accumulative merge instead, can you please try this beta version and let me know

thx for your patience !

Will do.

Just installed 740 but no joy. I removed the old broken device icons from the Custom Sheet and placed one back after the upgrade but it still appears broken.

The identifier at the bottom of the page still shows AltUI v0.80.739 but I thought that you might not have changed that for the test. There were only four files in the 740 zip instead of the 18 in 739.

[quote=“bebaldin, post:19, topic:188970”]Just installed 740 but no joy. I removed the old broken device icons from the Custom Sheet and placed one back after the upgrade but it still appears broken.

The identifier at the bottom of the page still shows AltUI v0.80.739 but I thought that you might not have changed that for the test. There were only four files in the 740 zip instead of the 18 in 739.[/quote]

Sorry for the successive trials. not easy since I do not own the device; it turned out more complicated than anticipated because the device TYPE is not enough to uniquely identify the Icons & Events used by a device , since same device type is used in several different JSON ( like MotionSensor and GlassBreak ). I needed to introduce that new dimension in the internal ALTUI data structures to differentiate also by the json file of the device ! a bit ugly but that is the underlying vera data model…

so please try Altui 743 Beta here attached and let me know