MiOS repeating events in events.log

That makes sense. I’ll put in a change that will only send the [Device] Id if at least one UPnP StateVariable is changed within the Device. I need to move it’s change to the end of the StateVariable list anyhow, so it should be simple enough.[/quote]

I have this change in my Git account (mios-one-ping-only Branch). I’m waiting for my main change (mios-action-binding Branch) to be reviewed/merged before I submit this others since an overlapping set of files was changed. Once the original is merged, I’ll hand-fix these, and submit individual PR’s for each.

I have validated that it correctly puts the “/id” change at the end of the batch of a [single] Device’s attribute changes, and that it only appears IF at-least-one state variable has been changed for that device.[/quote]

I just put in a fix that “caches” the last-seen Device & Scene status value locally, within the Binding, and only applies it to openHAB when a new/distinct value comes in.

This eliminates all the duplicate Status values for both Devices and Scenes, and greatly reduces the log output ([tt]logs/events.log[/tt], [tt]logs/openhab.log[/tt]) when “/status” has been bound. It should also simplify Rules built against those same attributes.

I’ve checked it in, but not created a binary for it (yet) for general consumption as the review for the Action binding is in-process.

We’ll see if this change is permitted, since it [somewhat] violates openHAB’s rules about keeping state in Bindings. I’m sure they’ll understand when they see it reduces log output by 90-95% (and the resulting waste of Flash IO’s on rPi and Odroid systems)