Mimo Lite garage door lock while in a scene

I am having a small issue with my mimo lite when triggering it in a scene…

Using the Garage door plugin I can press the lock / unlock buttons and the garage door closes / opens like desired. When using the lock button in a scene, the garage door closes half way, then opens. I can manually press the lock button and it works fine, just not from within a scene.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a better way to do this?

My scene says…
Trigger = Virtual switch Home turns off (away)
Press Lock button on Garage Door plugin.

[quote=“mchipser, post:1, topic:183948”]I am having a small issue with my mimo lite when triggering it in a scene…

Using the Garage door plugin I can press the lock / unlock buttons and the garage door closes / opens like desired. When using the lock button in a scene, the garage door closes half way, then opens. I can manually press the lock button and it works fine, just not from within a scene.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a better way to do this?

My scene says…
Trigger = Virtual switch Home turns off (away)
Press Lock button on Garage Door plugin.[/quote]

Mine works fine, sounds like something wrong in your scene and it’s triggering it wrong. Like you said it works without the scene fine.

I also use PLEG and not the basic scenes, but shouldn’t really matter. Your not on UI7 are you?

EDIT: I see you stayed on ui5 (good choice)

All I can suggest is to try recreating the scene or checking it over really good. Maybe put a delay in on that one if your triggering a bunch of things to happen. Sometimes on like an all “off” command VERA gets over welmed with switching so many devices and polling each one it’s better to split them up by putting the less important ones on a few sec. delay.

Maybe create a test scene with only the mimolite and see if it runs fine by its self.

I have checked and rechecked the scene… Ill try it in PLEG and see if i can make it work…

Also I tested it with this being the only scene running and the garage door still closes half way then opens again.

… Since it appears i didn’t post it… yes I am still on UI5 and on the no-upgrade list…

I have created a PLEG device in order to censure the garage door is closed when we leave the house, but it doesn’t seem to work…

I have attached my PLEG device, if someone could look it over for me…

I would recommend that instead of you trying to close the door automatically, that you set yourself a notification that it is open when you leave. Then you can close it manually after you check a camera to be sure that no one will be hurt by closing the door.

With that said I think a posting of your status log would be more helpful in the future.
You also need to better describe to us what you’re doing with this PLEG. For example, I have no idea what your Trigger is that you’re basing this off of. Is it some virtual switch that is indicating when you’re away, or is it a physical switch of some kind?
What is supposed to happen when this switch turns off? The garage door closes?
Do you have a sensor on that garage door sensing if it even needs closing? A camera to verify that the sensor isn’t malfunctioning, that the door is actually open, and no one is in the way?

[quote=“mchipser, post:4, topic:183948”]I have created a PLEG device in order to censure the garage door is closed when we leave the house, but it doesn’t seem to work…

I have attached my PLEG device, if someone could look it over for me…[/quote]

I have looked at this and don’t see a problem yet, but this is not what we need. Click status not report that will give you this plus more information. It will tell us the times also. Post back that info and we can look at it.

[quote=“prim8, post:5, topic:183948”]I would recommend that instead of you trying to close the door automatically, that you set yourself a notification that it is open when you leave. Then you can close it manually after you check a camera to be sure that no one will be hurt by closing the door.

With that said I think a posting of your status log would be more helpful in the future.
You also need to better describe to us what you’re doing with this PLEG. For example, I have no idea what your Trigger is that you’re basing this off of. Is it some virtual switch that is indicating when you’re away, or is it a physical switch of some kind?
What is supposed to happen when this switch turns off? The garage door closes?
Do you have a sensor on that garage door sensing if it even needs closing? A camera to verify that the sensor isn’t malfunctioning, that the door is actually open, and no one is in the way?[/quote]

You are correct the trigger is a virtual switch based on if myself or my wife is home or not. I do have a sensor attached to the mimolite. I do have a camera to see if anyone is near the garage door when closing as well.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:6, topic:183948”][quote=“mchipser, post:4, topic:183948”]I have created a PLEG device in order to censure the garage door is closed when we leave the house, but it doesn’t seem to work…

I have attached my PLEG device, if someone could look it over for me…[/quote]

I have looked at this and don’t see a problem yet, but this is not what we need. Click status not report that will give you this plus more information. It will tell us the times also. Post back that info and we can look at it.[/quote]

Attached is the status output.

Well the only problem is see here is that it shows that “Home_switched_to_away” has never been turned off.

The column to the right that says “last true” and “last false” should have a date and time in it. With it being empty it’s saying that pleg never saw that switch turn to false so nothing further has happened.

If nothing rings a bell as to why this is happening, then I would delete the input device and reassign it.

Few things to look for. Your trigger or swith is set to ARMED not BYPASSED. Make sure the trigger is pointing to the right switch. Try flipping the switch and rechecking the “STATUS OUTPUT” again you should see a time of when it went false and or true.

I finally got it to register the event, but the actions (close the door) never happened…

Does the garage door work when you close it from the vera interface?

Yes works from manually pressing the lock / unlock… Also inside the PLEG when i press “do it now” it runs fine as well.

Yes works from manually pressing the lock / unlock… Also inside the PLEG when i press “do it now” it runs fine as well.[/quote]

Well this just doesn’t make any sense then. LOL

Everything looks good now in your status update. The inputs are switching right and even more importantly you can see at 2014-11-11 09:33:04.383 your condition went true which should have triggered the action at that time.

Being that it works fine when you push “do it now” seems to mean everything is associated correctly. I can’t tell from your status update but make sure your condition (which seems to be an easy test virtual switch) goes to false (currently was in true state). Every time the condition changes from false to true is when door should close.

If you can’t figure it out the next thing to do is instead of running this “status update” click on the LOG and turn on logging, run your action from scratch then copy and paste the results. This will give us a real time look at what it is doing or not doing. Status only gives us a snap shot at that moment.

With that said tho I think your close and should be working.