MediaPortal plugin - looking for beta tester(s)

Nice update - easy to use, great functionality.

Feature request:
display variables for custom Luup devices (in a similar way to AutHomation)

This is AWESOME!!
iam trying this on vera 2

l am still newbie , i just want to ask you this, how can i (using upnp) play a music on MP from Vera, i.e. triggering a scene will play a specific song on this MP

i believe you should move to the next step which is creating a API, (Application) on iPhone, it will be great, since u can control ur Vera and ur Media Center!

@Alll thanx for the compliments

@Brientim

Where a device is generated using a JSON, the options are not available E.g DSC Alarm plugin. Potentially hide slider for binary switch.

I’did take a look at Vera’s (UI4) way of handling the JSON contol layout. For a number of devices the layout is not handy to operate with a RC, so i’ve took my own layout.
But for the non standard devices i will have a look to implement a control dialog bases on the JSON structure.
The slider will be removed for binary devices… :wink:

@Ap15e
What exactly do you mean, control layouts based on JSON files?
Can you give a screen shot?

@therealdbo
I’m not sure if others tried to control MP with Vera but my plug in is vice versa so to control Vera form MP
There is an iPhone app available just look in the “MIOS Marketplace” (accessible from UI4 and 5?)

Do not expect an Apple app from my side i do not have an Apple development environment.

Screenshots attached.

This looks GREAT!
Has anyone tested this on a Vera Light?

Flo

[quote=“frichter09, post:25, topic:170024”]This looks GREAT!

Flo[/quote]
going to :slight_smile: unless u beat me to it ^^

[quote=“Da_JoJo, post:26, topic:170024”][quote=“frichter09, post:25, topic:170024”]This looks GREAT!

Flo[/quote]
going to :slight_smile: unless u beat me to it ^^[/quote]

Haha…
Please let me know how it works… I will also try it this weekend :slight_smile:

This plugin looks cool and got me to install MediaPortal (never really heard of it before). I was trying to figure out how to use the scene triggers. I cannot seem to highlight and select any of the “actions” for each item in the list. Perhaps it’s just my lack of understanding how MediaPortal works.

Otherwise, I can control all my devices from the MediaPortal.

Thanks!

i gave up… still too much problems for my anysee e30 t/c plus in mediaportal… i got it to work but then when i add a 2nd tuner it tends to run wild. alpha decrypt isnt being properly supported and the latest versions of tswriter allmost killed my hd coz it has way to much overhead on the drive and uses it more then needed. the old version 1.2 was better…
so to be short … i aint tested it and it probably works… just not for me… mediaportal itself got too many issues… most irritating of them is all is they seem to hold on to before-this-century capturecards and are not willing to write newer support files for new cards , one of which is mine. they claim not to have the SDK for the anysee but when i give it to them they tell me its too difficult… well hey these taiwanese can do it… and i mean i really like a firedtv card but it was taken out of production a few years ago and replaced with mine so i wonder why they improve it when its really not usable for most users and when they do use it the use 4therecord as main engine as the one from mediaportal terribly sucks bigtime. but while ur at it try this plugins : [url=http://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/widescreen/purevisionhd-metro?lang=en]PureVisionHD Metro - MEDIAPORTAL
[url=http://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/system/backupsettings?lang=en]BackupSettings - MEDIAPORTAL

Its working fine on my Vera Lite UI5. I have 3 Scenes. Start Movie (Lights DiM), Pause Movie (Front Lights 80%), Stop Movie (All Lights on.

All work really well. I cannot however get the lights to swith off after resuming movie. It seems as if it doest trigger the “play Movie” Scene Action

Any ideas?

I’ve found a bug in my MP-plug in.

When resuming to play a movie/track using the “Play”-button the “Resume” event did fire (using the “Pause”-button is did fire).
I’ve made a new release of my plugin fixing this bug. Using the MediaPortal Extension update mechanism should fix your problem

Please note: the “Play Movie” scene trigger is only fire at the start of a movie, one should setup the “Resume” scene trigger…

Just downloaded this- beautiful graphics! Operates smoothly once I figured out how to configure it. For the newbie, I would suggest a more streamlined load and configure method.

Will you be adding the thermostat control? Between here and my office, I have about 25 Trane T-stats that I would be happy to guinea pig for you.

Halo,
please ad MediaPortal 1.4 support for this plugin. Please. please.

Thx

Alex

Today i’ve released a VeraControl plug-in suitable for MediaPortal up to version 1.4
It also contains Skin files for the Titan skin.

Let me known how it works, i had to move the update.xml because SourceForge has moved the base repository.

The update can be found here [url=http://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/home-automation/micasaverde-vera-controller]404 - MEDIAPORTAL