LUUP restarts

So, here’s what I’ve figured out. Support wanted me to remove the Ecobee plugin and Ergy. I had no idea what Ergy was and I didn’t think I had installed it to begin with. Come to find out that Ergy is the plugin that’s telling me I’m experiencing these random Luup restarts. Pretty slick to try to get me to uninstall the very thing that’s telling me I’m getting restarts to hide the restarts…

Ergy is a nightmare. You should definitely not have it installed, whatever.

did they give you a process to delete Ergy? I uninstalled it via the GUI, but i still get random restarts. I’m wondering if there are some lingering files?

I was getting random restarts BEFORE I installed it, which is WHY I installed it. I’m happy to uninstall it, but I’m curious. Is there a way to have Vera notify me of restarts on it’s own? What is the issue with Ergy to begin with? I was under the assumption that it simply monitored resource use and restarts…

I’m assuming that it was installed as part of the system monitor plugin…

Ergy has been around a long time.

It reports it’s data to an external server. That process is NOT very robust. If that server takes time to accept the data (which is sent frequently) than Vera restarts because it thinks things are hung up.

This has ALWAYS been a problem … and Vera should have removed it from it’s prominent marking … I guess they have some contract to keep it …

[hr]
If you use Vera Alerts, it will notify you when Vera is reloaded or Vera is rebooted.

I installed the System Monitor plugin a few weeks ago to try to figure out why and when Vera was restarting. Would this possibly have come with Ergy for some reason? I’ve got Vera Alerts, but I’ve never managed to get it configured to send email through my GMail account…

I have the internal Alerts checked but never received any notifications of a Vera reload or reboot.

I have the internal Alerts checked but never received any notifications of a Vera reload or reboot.[/quote]

You need to check your user as a “Default recipient” to get Internal alerts.

Internal Alerts go to the “Default Recipients”

In Vera Alerts Settings, you need to add the profiles that “Default Recipients” will be distributed to.

I turned that on and now I am getting a Vera Restart notification. Thanks, guys. +1 to both.