LuaUPnP discussion -- the next big feature in Vera

Thats the most exciting news I have heard yet. The main reason for me getting Vera was the hope of controlling A/V. I have a USBUIRT on the way, one Remote extender Transmitter, and a bunch of Receivers. Can’t wait for the update. How do you make an .xml file? I suppose it’s a little different from just saving the Lua code? Or can you just save the code as .xml?

FEEDBACK on Firmware rev. 1.0.879 … from Vera’s main page, clicking ‘Devices’ > ‘Cameras’ (or any subcategory besides ‘Z-Wave’ or ‘Luup plugins’) causes the small info window at right to retain either ‘Add, edit and delete your devices.’ or ‘Plug-ins’ text.

FEEDBACK, cont’d:

Clicking the ‘DEVICES’ button immediately after the ‘USERS’ button results in the following text remaining in the info window: “Profiles for all the users in your home”

Why not use a NevoConnect? Z-wave with IR output…

I would like to see more support for Camera’s, I know that I am out of context defined by the threads category but I really don’t care. Vera needs more solid Camera support, all the way around. A complete overhaul in that department. Just my 2 cents.

Vera could also use more support for IR to be able to control A/V as well, besides the infamous SQ Blaster.

Getting the temperature withe decimal values. Is that SOO hard?

+1

Some other points :

• Improve the “/var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log” update rate. It’s very annoying to have to wait few time when we debug our program…
  • Please, update your wiki. For exemple the luup.attr_get(“foo”, 9) function does not exists anymore. (I use “luup.devices[9].foo” instead).
  • Maybe it could be nice to add a “print_r” function to help debugging. I use this one : http://www.hpelbers.org/lua/print_r
  • Add a luup.call_timer_cancel(…) function.
  • Add a json lua library (as discussed here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,10521.msg74064.html#msg74064

Thanks.

In [tt]/etc/cmh/cmh.conf[/tt] set:

ImmediatelyFlushLog=1

In [tt]/etc/cmh/cmh.conf[/tt] set:

ImmediatelyFlushLog=1

Yeahhh. Thanks.
Maybe it could be a good idea to put that on the wiki ?

[ul][li]When you enable VerboseLogging (either from the UI, or from the console using [tt]VerboseLogging.sh enable[/tt]) ImmediatelyFlushLog is automatically set to 1.[/li]
[li]The attr_get function has been added recently and it’s not available in 1.5.346.[/li]
[li]A Lua json library will be added in the next firmware.[/li][/ul]

A hook to have trap notifications in a plugin.
I would like to have all notifications be sent via VeraAlert instead of Mios EMail/SMS

@RichartTSchaefer

Not exactly what you want, but with a bit of work you can get a server set up and use this: [url=http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/AlternateEventServer]http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/AlternateEventServer[/url]

Something like that for setting a notification handler would be great … but with a replace option as opposed to an additional destination.

That plus add the option of a user defined string everywhere a notification is defined in the UI.

A notification plugin can then:

[ul][li]Notification Service specific customization.
[/li][li]Collect additional information for the available users (Assumes we can get at this info … I have not looked yet) … i.e. for VerAlert the target ID for the user’s phone. [/li]
[li]Trap the notifications with the following info: Name, Existing Notification Description Info, User Defined Optional Message, and notified user list; It can format and send the data for the custom notification service[/li][/ul]

Not sure if this is the right place for my question… but I stumbled upon LUA Development Tool (LDT) and I was wondering if there was a way to make it work with LuaUPnP (maybe by adding libraries or something???) Please bare with me, I’m still new at all this and I don’t know what I’m talking about but any constructive help will be appreciated.
Thx
Claude

Wow… how did this post show up here “now”… This was one of my first post that I did years ago. Anyway, I guess I have my answer now… I stumbled on ZeroBrane for Vera and it is not too shabby for troubleshooting LUUP… look it up :wink:

@fouclo62, thank you for reawakening this thread.

It reminds me to ask if anyone knows whether the promised JSON library ever appeared?

[quote=“mcvflorin, post:50, topic:164434”][ul][li]When you enable VerboseLogging (either from the UI, or from the console using [tt]VerboseLogging.sh enable[/tt]) ImmediatelyFlushLog is automatically set to 1.[/li]
[li]The attr_get function has been added recently and it’s not available in 1.5.346.[/li]
[li]A Lua json library will be added in the next firmware.[/li][/ul][/quote]

UI7 contains the dkjson library.