LuaTest - A Tool for Testing Scene Lua Code

I have updated LuaTest to work with the new security enhancements planned for Vera 7.27. It should also work with earlier UI versions - including UI5.

The security enhancements do not permit requests in the form: http://:3480/data_request…
Instead they must be formatted as: http:///port_3480/data_request…

I have updated the user guide to reflect the new format for invoking LuaTest. Apart from this change, LuaTest 1.7 functions in the same way as version 1.6.

To use the new version, download it from the first post in this thread and upload it to Vera as explained in the user guide.

Hi @Rex !

Hope youre well.

Thanks for doing that - Ill update my install and have a play with it tonight.

QQ - Does your update also include the colour coding of words that was previously shared ?

[quote=“parkerc, post:82, topic:180205”]Hi @Rex !

Hope youre well.

Thanks for doing that - Ill update my install and have a play with it tonight.

QQ - Does your update also include the colour coding of words that was previously shared ?[/quote]
Hi Chris,

Yes I’m OK, thanks. I updated my version of LuaTest code having realised that the forthcoming changes would have stopped it working. I didn’t change anything else.

Thanks.

As I still do most of my coding/testing on my Vera3 running UI5, that backwards compatibility is always appreciated.

[quote=“parkerc, post:84, topic:180205”]Thanks.

As I still do most of my coding/testing on my Vera3 running UI5, that backwards compatibility is always appreciated.[/quote]
If you recall, Chris, I wrote LuaTest for you and your iPad. :slight_smile: I’ve tried to keep it compatible with just about any browser and be UI version agnostic.

I noticed that there were nearly 800 downloads of V1.6 so we seem to have helped a lot of people develop their Lua coding skills.

;D Im eternally grateful for you for doing that :wink:

It should be an essential part of anyones Lua/Vera coding tool kit…

Does anyone else notice a limit on the number of lines of code you can save via LuaTest?

I use Textastic to ensure Im using the correct structure for my code, and then paste it into LuaTest to check and do minor tweaks. But Ive noticed that the more lines I try to paste it wont save - retuning a error page ?

“Safari cannot open the page as the network connection was lost?”

If I reduce the number of lines, it saves fine, no connection error screen?

As I know there should be no connection issues, could this be a memory resource issue on Vera itself ? Trying to save to much at one time , or is it something else ? Either way any idea of a fix?

The topic is addressed earlier in the thread.

Thanks @HSD99

I had missed that.

[quote=“RexBeckett, post:47, topic:180205”]

Rex, is there a limit to the size of the code that I can debug in the LuaTest window?

There is a limit although I have never hit it. The constraint is the maximum length of the http request supported by the browser and Vera.

You could work around this by moving any code that is already debugged to global functions in Startup Lua.[/quote]

FYI Altui implements this in its lua test window with a POST so no limits any more here.

Hi, Where can I find the latest download file.

Cheers

Not sure about LuaTest, but LuaView is a current, supported plugin that will allow you to view all of your scene Lua code in one page (including startup Lua), and has a syntax-highlighting editor and shows errors.

Version 1.7 of LuaTest is available here. The documentation is here.

1 Like

Oh, so you are still here :slight_smile:. Thanks for some useful tips in the early days

Thank you. I’ll certainly take a look.

Thank you very much

Great to “see” you.