LUA startup device constantly busy after installing envisalink to DCS panel

Howdy! (long time lurker/reader, first time poster)… So I have just installed an envisaLink3 in my panel, run a cat 5 UTP to my home router, and downloaded the app and installed. Everything seems to have gone OK. I proceeded cautiously, first connecting a couple of appliance switches, then waiting a day or two, then installing a NEST thermostat, waited a day or two, then a Yale lock set, then a day or two, and now the interconnection to my panel in the basement… it seemed to start up OK, and then stopped. I checked and the ethernet cable had come loose. I reconnected it, and now I am in constant “device busy” mode… is it really starting up? I have a water sensor, two fire alarms, multiple window sensors, about 5 motion sensors, five door open sensors… How long should it take to complete start up?

Thanks all!

Doug

Couple of mins tops in my experience, sometimes if I’ve added a plug in it gets “stuck” though.

Have you tried a hard reboot of Vera?

Can you connect to the envisalink directly from a web browser? When I first connected it to Vera it appeared to stop working and I had to reboot the alarm panel but since then its been rock solid.

Couple of mins tops in my experience, sometimes if I’ve added a plug in it gets “stuck” though.

Have you tried a hard reboot of Vera?

Can you connect to the envisalink directly from a web browser? When I first connected it to Vera it appeared to stop working and I had to reboot the alarm panel but since then its been rock solid.

I have removed the alarm panel app, reinstalled it to eyezon and it is working fine there. Waited a half hour, and re-installed the DSC app in veralite… it is no longer doing a constant “busy” on the device, but it now shows “LUA Failure” in red on the bottom of the DSC alarm panel device. it shows 6 zones and one partition, but that is not what I have in the house. Any suggestions?

The reboot suggestion seems to have helped a lot! I am now at least on line.

Cheers!

I’m a newbie too. And I just last week installed my DSC alarm and Envisalink. Two things I made sure to do was reserve the IP address for my Envisalink and add the port (4025) to the end of the IP address in to the device in MIOS. I had “red” error until I added the Port. Again, I’m a Newbie too, so this may or may not help you.

Mike

[quote=“dlloyd9999”]I have removed the alarm panel app, reinstalled it to eyezon and it is working fine there. Waited a half hour, and re-installed the DSC app in veralite… it is no longer doing a constant “busy” on the device, but it now shows “LUA Failure” in red on the bottom of the DSC alarm panel device. it shows 6 zones and one partition, but that is not what I have in the house. Any suggestions?

The reboot suggestion seems to have helped a lot! I am now at least on line.

Cheers![/quote]
After install set the IP address. If you changed the default user and password it will not connect without additional configurations or resetting them on the EVL3.

After the initial install it will establish the 6 zones, they then should be modified to match the zones used on your alarm system.

Ensure you do not enter the same zone number in more than once as it will cause to crash.

Ok I to it all working! Thanks for all of your suggestions!