Logs (and SSH)

I have bought som new sensors (EzMotion and ST814) that I’m trying to configure. To facilitate this I would like to have a look in the logs, but I can’t find them anywhere in the GUI. (I’m using firmwave 1.1.1245 on Vera 2) Is there a logs button in the GUI anymore???

The SSH approach didn’t work out well either. I don’t have the root password, and I don’t know how to get/reset it. I have read that you should use some phrase printed under the unit, but it doesn’t work for me.

i know that I’m not a power user, but I thought my skill was good for a look in the logs. :frowning:

Please help.

Without SSH you can do this:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=6091.msg36762#msg36762

Thanks
Now I can se the logs, but is there a way to use the slider in the browser without having the logs constantly moving? My work around is to copy a section to an editor… Is there a better way?
Or is there a cool shell command secuence that allows you to filter out what you want?

Regarding SSH. Where can I find the password? I don’t recall that I ever used SSH on my Vera. Specifically, never changed any password. Maybe Micasaverde doesn’t was us to play around with SSH?

The password would be the Wifi password printed on the label on the bottom of Vera.

It doesn’t work with username ‘root’ and password ‘0138A8C1’
Or isn’t “Home ID” the password you are talking about?

you may want to blur out some of your image…

In what way is that a security issue? I have tried every combination of phrases written on the back of vera as password… :slight_smile:
Vera is behind a firewall on a private network. Isn’t that fairly secure?

@kalleochvera,

There is typically a paper sticker covering that information with the root password labeled the WiFi password.
Maybe MCV can assist in providing that information if you submit a trouble ticket.

JOD.

@JOD
Good idea. I’ll do that.

Here, try this plugin. It prints the “Password” entry from your /etc/cmh/cmh.conf file. That’s the same string that’s on the sticker on my Vera, and it might work as the root password for you.

Add the three files as Luup Files, and create a Luup device with D_Password.xml as the device filename. Then save, reload the Luup engine, and wait.

Hope it’s useful.

Thanks for the try. It’s just showing my Home ID written on the back of Vera, and that doesn’t work as a password. :frowning:

I’ll wait and see if my support ticket at Micasaverde will help me out.

The new version of automatorapp for iphone has some neat history screens for every device. It seems to show everything (every poll) so it’s not a summary log, but it is handy.

Yeah, I know the app. It’s great!

But when I access the app and look at the history from my 3in1 EzMotion I always see some action from the last minute. But before that there is nothing for, let’s say, 12 hours.

Maybe history will only show me the last known value and the time will be the moment I asked? This seems to be the case with battery operated devices.

[quote=“kalleochvera, post:13, topic:168681”]Yeah, I know the app. It’s great!

But when I access the app and look at the history from my 3in1 EzMotion I always see some action from the last minute. But before that there is nothing for, let’s say, 12 hours.

Maybe history will only show me the last known value and the time will be the moment I asked? This seems to be the case with battery operated devices.[/quote]

The history is only recorded while the app is running. It is really meant to allow live viewing of data updates.

The variables option in advanced tab will show the current state of all variables as known by Vera, so that is a more accurate “current state” for the device.

You can also execute the code

cmh_conf = io.open(“/etc/cmh/cmh.conf”)
for line in cmh_conf:lines() do
local match = line:match(“^Password=(.+)$”)
if (match) then
luup.log(match)
end
end
cmh_conf:close()

then go to /cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

Thanks for the answer futzle !

Is there some reason that finding and looking at the logs has to be so difficult? Why isn’t this often-used function programmed into the Vera web interface?

Seems kind of like a no-brainer

[quote=“futzle, post:10, topic:168681”]Here, try this plugin. It prints the “Password” entry from your /etc/cmh/cmh.conf file. That’s the same string that’s on the sticker on my Vera, and it might work as the root password for you.

Add the three files as Luup Files, and create a Luup device with D_Password.xml as the device filename. Then save, reload the Luup engine, and wait.

Hope it’s useful.[/quote]

I have added the 3 files as luup files… Add a device… and where can i check the password now?

I need to read the log files, but can’t log in using SSH. Wrong password for root, it seems. I never used SSH to log in to it before, never changed any password.
The one on the label don’t work. Installed the plug-ins in this thread, it shows the same password as on the label.
Vera2, UI5 version 1.5.408.

What do I do now? Really need the logs…

Thanks!

Try this for the time being:

http://192.168.x.x/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

Where 192.168.x.x is the vera ip.

• Garrett

Also, try the route mentioned at the bottom of this wiki page to log in.