Leviton VRCZ4 Controller dimming variables help (VeraEdge, UI7)

New to VeraEdge, UI7

I am having trouble getting Leviton VRCZ4 to work correctly with VeraEdge. I have been able to include it and assign each of the 4 buttons to specific Leviton devices. The Devices turn on correctly when the left side (ON) of the button is pressed; however, when the right side (OFF) of the button is pressed the devices do not immediately go OFF, they start a very slow Dimming until they eventually go OFF about 1:30 minutes after the “off” button is pressed. This happens for all dimmable devices that are attached. The one non-dimmable switch that is attached, immediately turns OFF.

Devices:
Leviton Dimmers: VRE06, VRI06, VRI10, VRP03
Leviton Switch: VRS15

Is there some variable that is causing the Dimmers to do a “slow dim to off” instead of an immediate “OFF”? Buttons are assigned with Group ID 1-4 under device options/associations. There are NO scenes selected for the device.

I have 16 of these VRCZ4 controllers that I need to set up with about 100 Leviton devices.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I only have one Levitron dimmer (RZ106 I think) and VeraEdge refuses to play nice with it. This device was one of my first. It was tied into UI4 and UI5 on a Vera2 then UI5 on a Vera3. I hope Vera resolves this for me and especially you since you have a LOT more of these than I do!

Thanks chuck for the reply.

I was able to get the zone controller to turn the lights/devices on/off correctly by doing a factory reset on the VeraEdge. I then re-included each of the devices and the controller. And they now operate as I expected them (i.e. they go full on/off immediately). The only thing that I did differently was move the VeraEdge closer (about 8-10 ft, was as close as I could reach) to the controller. Not sure if that was the solution or just lucky. I haven’t yet tried with the others yet.

Thanks.

[quote=“eesnowy, post:3, topic:184739”]Thanks chuck for the reply.

I was able to get the zone controller to turn the lights/devices on/off correctly by doing a factory reset on the VeraEdge. I then re-included each of the devices and the controller. And they now operate as I expected them (i.e. they go full on/off immediately). The only thing that I did differently was move the VeraEdge closer (about 8-10 ft, was as close as I could reach) to the controller. Not sure if that was the solution or just lucky. I haven’t yet tried with the others yet.

Thanks.[/quote]

I did try that too — had VE less than 2 feet from the switch and excluded, re-included… For me it didn’t work. I guess it’s time to open a case with Vera and see if George / Tech Support can resolve it for me.

It seems like all the Leviton stuff has issues. Just the normal Leviton Vizia RF switches throw an error constantly. "
Failed at: Please wait! Getting the manufacturer." Message flips back and forth. The interesting part is the device works fine, it just throws this error. I have an unresolved help ticket open. Been open for a while now. I’ve got a half-dozen or so of these switches, so I’d love to see this get resolved too…

@nas4a hey, did you resolved your issue? I am having the same one!

It’s been a long time since I checked this thread. Sorry!

One of the software updates that they’ve done in the recent months fixed the issue. No errors from my Leviton Vizia stuff now. Working well. I just added a VCRZ, but I’m having some issues with the LED status and dimming…but I expected that when I got it. Still works for my needs.