LED control on Leviton 4-button in-wall scene controller

I have LUUP code like the following to light up all of the LEDs on my scene controllers.

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneControllerLED1","SetLight",{newValue="2",Indicator="1"}, 29)
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneControllerLED1","SetLight",{newValue="2",Indicator="2"}, 29)
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneControllerLED1","SetLight",{newValue="2",Indicator="3"}, 29)
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneControllerLED1","SetLight",{newValue="2",Indicator="4"}, 29)

…however it doesn’t work anymore. It worked for a couple months, but it broke a couple weeks ago. Now when I run the same scene, all of the lights in the room respond like they should, but the LEDs in the controller are all off. I don’t get the default controller behavior either - all LEDs are just off, all of the time.

I greatly prefer having all buttons illuminated all of the time, because it makes it easy to find the right button in a dark room, so all of the scenes that are triggered by the controller have the same LUUP code to re-light the buttons.

Does anyone have any theories on why that stopped working?

Could this be related to the last firmware update? The LEDs stopped working around the same time, but I’m not sure if if they broke at exactly the same time.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mine stopped updating on 2 controllers about 3 or 4 months ago. MCV didn’t seem to know or care why.
I still have an outstanding support request for that.

1 controller randomly started working again, but the other still doesn’t.

Try cycling the breaker (give it 10 seconds or so) for the circuit the controller is on. (Or otherwise disconnect and reconnect the controller from/to power.)

THANK YOU!

That brought the LEDs back, so apparently this is a Leviton bug, not a Vera bug.

Yep; appears that way. (Could be triggered by the way Vera interacts with the device though.)

One of the controllers went dark after a day or two…

I’ve revised the LUUP code to run the “All lights on” code after a short delay, to see if that makes a difference.

I’ve only experienced this twice or so, and didn’t identify a cause. And, like you, I do manipulate the LEDs with Luup.

As I recall it, the only way to fix it, was the power cycle, and that seems a Leviton issue, as I would expect an exclude or reset, to default everything.

The fact that it’s intermittent makes me wonder if it’s caused by a bug in the scene controller’s firmware. There was some flickering of the LEDs when the LUUP code runs, whereas you’d just expect the LEDs to simply turn on, so apparently the scene controller is trying to do a bit more than just turning on an LED.

Delaying the LED LUUP script will separate the execution of the controller’s regular button-press-handling code from the execution of whatever code Vera is triggering, so if the the problem was caused by interactions between those two things, then this might fix it. So far so good, but it will take a couple weeks (maybe months) to have any idea whether my guess is correct.

It’s been two weeks now and all 3 controllers are still fully lit up.

I’m using a 6-second delay, like so:

function masterBedroomControllerLightsOn()
  luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneControllerLED1","SetLight",{newValue="2",Indicator="1"}, 29)
  luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneControllerLED1","SetLight",{newValue="2",Indicator="2"}, 29)
  luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneControllerLED1","SetLight",{newValue="2",Indicator="3"}, 29)
  luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneControllerLED1","SetLight",{newValue="2",Indicator="4"}, 29)
end

luup.call_delay("masterBedroomControllerLightsOn", 6)

It’s working so far…

Where are you writting this code ?

I am using similar code to pretty much use the 4 btn controller to be able to set 7 different scenes and the LED’s are lighting up in green, orange and res to indicate which scene is running… I noticed too that since the last firmware update, the Leviton controllers had to be “rebooted” on a regular basis along with errors in MCV about setting associations. MCV recommended to turn off z-wave routing in the z-wave setup which did change the behavior a little bit and things seem to be running more stable for the past few days. Still had an occasional LED not turning off which mostly resolved either by running the scene again or by waiting a few minutes…

I’ve had a ticket open on this problem for over a year. They simply do not care. I’m about to dump Vera. My buddy has a hometroller and it seems to work much better. I’ve had nothing but issues with this thing since I bought it. Hanging, losing configurations.

MiCasaVerde should be embarrassed to sell the Vera without a BIG “BETA” sticker on it. When I get it’s replacement, I WILL be putting a 12 gauge slug through the Vera3 and posting it on YouTube.

I’d like to do something like this with a Cooper 5-button controller, how do you tell what service ID to use?

[quote=“mdlmarkham, post:13, topic:175439”]I’d like to do something like this with a Cooper 5-button controller, how do you tell what service ID to use?[/quote]Does the Cooper scene controller support external LED control? I only knew about the newer Leviton controllers supporting that, but I have never owned a Cooper controller.