Label Broadcast and IT100

So I’d had the VERA+DSC via IT100 setup going for about 9 months. I had some initial problems with periodic ‘lua failures’ when using it thoguh the wizNet. But I relocated the vera in the fall and it had been completely reliable until a few weeks ago when it simply quit reporting zone transitions. I restarted the VERA, the panel, and double checked the serial connection – but no luck. So I removed the plug-in and reinstalled it.*

Now I’m seeing the zone transitions, I can arm/disarm, set the time, etc. but the zone labels weren’t there. I’ve reprogrammed the DSC (1832) with the DLS app to no avail. Looking at the (verbose/advanced) log I can see the 570s returning from the IT100 (though it doesn’t explicitly log sending the 002?) :

50 06/06/13 10:12:20.234 luup_log:168: DSCAlarmPanel: debug processIncoming:: Command=empty, Data=‘empty’, Checksum=empty <0x2e208680>
50 06/06/13 10:12:20.304 luup_log:168: DSCAlarmPanel: debug processIncoming:: Command=570, Data='150Command O/P 3 ', Checksum=92 <0x2e208680>
50 06/06/13 10:12:20.304 luup_log:168: DSCAlarmPanel: debug Panel::Broadcast Labels (150Command O/P 3 ) <0x2e208680>
50 06/06/13 10:12:20.305 luup_log:168: DSCAlarmPanel: debug setPanelLabel Not set: Command Output Label 150:Command O/P 3 <0x2e208680>
50 06/06/13 10:12:20.394 luup_log:168: DSCAlarmPanel: debug processIncoming:: Command=570, Data='151Command O/P 4 ', Checksum=94 <0x2e208680>
50 06/06/13 10:12:20.394 luup_log:168: DSCAlarmPanel: debug Panel::Broadcast Labels (151Command O/P 4 ) <0x2e208680>
50 06/06/13 10:12:20.395 luup_log:168: DSCAlarmPanel: debug setPanelLabel Not set: Command Output Label 151:Command O/P 4 <0x2e208680>

and they all say that the Label is not set…However, I’ve re-programmed the panel from DLS multiple times, and even changed the labels, which arrive okay at the keypad.

I’m thinking this isn’t really anything with the plug-in, but something on the DSC side preventing the labels from arriving in the IT100, but I thought someone here might have some suggestions as to what to try.

*full disclosure – removing the plugin resulted in the UI not returning. Logging in I discovered that LuaUpnp was crashing with a segfault. After some amount forum searching, file modification date examining and logfile reading, I determined that there were references to the now non-existant DSC plugin was still referenced in the user_data.json.lzo file. Instead of a complete restore, I pulled this file off and wrote a short program to remove any entries referencing the DSC plugin and replaced it. This worked fine and I was able to re-install the plugin, with the exception of the label broadcasts.

Whats slots are your keypads and IT100 set up on? I think there’s been an issue in the past with conflicts and certain types of keypads? You should also double check the manual label variable is not set.

A DSC Label Broadcast emits a lot of Labels and not all of them are Zone labels.

The example posted above are Command labels, which the Plugin currently ignores, along with a bunch of other types.

The debug/diag log for Zone labels is of the form:

DSCAlarmPanel: debug setPanelLabel: Zone Label :

That said, if you’re seeing SEGV based crashes, for any reason, it’s best to get those sorted out first with the MCV Team. Additionally, their “delete device” should never leave you in a bad state, so that sounds like [yet] another bug in their stack that needs to be addressed.

You don’t mention the version of your Vera HW/SW, so you’ll want to post that to get further advice. There are a significant # of differences between the versions.

[quote=“guessed, post:3, topic:175669”]A DSC Label Broadcast emits a lot of Labels and not all of them are Zone labels.

The example posted above are Command labels, which the Plugin currently ignores, along with a bunch of other types.

The debug/diag log for Zone labels is of the form:

DSCAlarmPanel: debug setPanelLabel: Zone Label :

That said, if you’re seeing SEGV based crashes, for any reason, it’s best to get those sorted out first with the MCV Team. Additionally, their “delete device” should never leave you in a bad state, so that sounds like [yet] another bug in their stack that needs to be addressed.

You don’t mention the version of your Vera HW/SW, so you’ll want to post that to get further advice. There are a significant # of differences between the versions.[/quote]

There haven’t been any further restart loops. Although I agree that the delete device shouldn’t leave you in an inoperable state.

It’s a Vera3 running 1.5.622 and the current (.38) on the DSC module.

I took a look at the code and the log again after altering the zone config and restarting. And looks like the only 570s coming back are the ones I pasted in before, which are the partition labels not the zone labels. So, I’m back to thinking it’s something at the DSC side that’s somehow changed/broken.

thanx,
JpS

I have an RFK5501 on 1, a PK5500 on 8, and I think the IT-100 is on 2. At least that is what I have in my notes, but DLS just has generic labels for the items in 1 and 2.

thanx,
JpS

Verify the slots using 902. When you reloaded you DScC did you allocated the zones to a partition? If you haven’t they won’t be broadcasts to other keypads including the IT100. It IT100 resides on slot8 by default and you might check this because if they are on the same slot, it won’t broadcast…
If you are using DLS, verify the upload configuration using the checking function and step through any errors etc.

One error identified recently that may cause significant issues and constant restarts is where a zone is recorded more than once e.g as a door and motion sensor.

[quote=“Brientim, post:6, topic:175669”]Verify the slots using 902. When you reloaded you DScC did you allocated the zones to a partition? If you haven’t they won’t be broadcasts to other keypads including the IT100. It IT100 resides on slot8 by default and you might check this because if they are on the same slot, it won’t broadcast…
If you are using DLS, verify the upload configuration using the checking function and step through any errors etc.

One error identified recently that may cause significant issues and constant restarts is where a zone is recorded more than once e.g as a door and motion sensor.[/quote]Yep there are some previous posts on this (both here and elsewhere), and the IT100 automatically enrolls as slot 8 which may be being used by a keypad too!

@soward, The good news the keypads are movable and I posted instructions once to somebody else who had a similar issue (that post should be quite easy to find)

How to…

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,5154.msg41630.html#msg41630

[quote=“Brientim, post:8, topic:175669”]How to…

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,5154.msg41630.html#msg41630[/quote]

Sure it isn’t this link :wink:

All ways on my back…