Keep Fixed Position of VistaCam PT

I noticed that before bed I set the camera to view where I want it. When I wake up in the morning I can see that over several days it returns to the exact same position that appears to be some type of default position.

Anyone experiencing this?

How can I ensure the camera stays in the position I last left it at?

It turns out maybe around 2AM, the camera resets itself. Not sure if this is part of system polling and configuration or backup or something. But logs show possibly it’s doing a reset. Not sure what that implies, the camera still works without issue.

Im interested in this as well. I would like the CAM to default to a certain position . . . I have the position set as PRESET 1, but cant find a reference for it to return to that location upon reset/restart.

Maybe in the advanced settings or a luup command. I don’t know how to use that yet. Just had my stuff for 2 weeks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I figured it out!

Go to the camera settings, the spot where you put the IP address in the URL of your browser.

Click on System > PT Settings > “After the call to start the preset position” > Change this to the preset number you said you configured. I used 1 where I want my home position to be. I woke up this morning and the camera was right where it should have been!

Problem solved!

thx TomTom — it worked for me as well.

Since where I have it/them located, the IR capability really doesn’t do anything (through a window) for me, I put both CAMs on appliance module to turn off after dark. This capability puts it back pointed on the desired target… thx again

[quote=“DECOOPER”]thx TomTom — it worked for me as well.

Since where I have it/them located, the IR capability really doesn’t do anything (through a window) for me, I put both CAMs on appliance module to turn off after dark. This capability puts it back pointed on the desired target… thx again[/quote]

Cool, you’re welcome. Glad it worked!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for this. I had a scenes bringing it back , but this is better!