It there a controller that competes with Vera3

At least the Fibaro HC1 was based on Vera. Even looked like it. I downloaded the free Fibaro app (iOS) and it works directly with my vera2 UI4.
But I was also told, that HC2 is an independent development not based on Vera.
As I am testing the HC2 I can say that their App doesn’t recognize the HC2.

But even if there is some underlying Vera-Code I can say:

• the UI looks great - up to date design
  • well designed browser-UI, mobile (incl. Android-Ui), iOS-UI
  • consistent and professional look and feel. Not such a home-made thing…
  • it’s very fast
  • it’s aluminium case looks great
  • there are a lot of updates, what tells me that they might be tougher devs.
  • there where no problems yet

I didn’t switch my whole network yet. Still testing with some devices. But all seems great.

I can’t see why one would take the nice aluminium case as one of the differentiator when comparing vera to others.
That’s just a cost issue.
The grass is always greener at the other side of the road…

Functionality wise i agree that we could compare.
I only know that i choose for Vera and hope that they will stand out for their own, rather then following what others do.

a fancy UI doesnt make a good produkt
the atom driven and harddisk containing (if you call 2gb a hd nowadays lol) is way overpriced for the copy of the vera it is… my 2 cents… my homepc is cheaper and can do a lot more with homeseer a lot cheaper… besides the ui of the vera can be changed to point it to a nas probably… nevertheless the fibaro switches and dimmer load for led lights are unmissable to me :wink:
in the netherlands where i live we have this options :
benext [url=http://www.2ihome.eu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=55]http://www.2ihome.eu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=55[/url]
nuon e-manager aka greenway [url=http://www.nuonenergiewinkel.nl/nuon-e-manager]http://www.nuonenergiewinkel.nl/nuon-e-manager[/url]

[quote=“garrettwp, post:3, topic:170653”]It may seem like they do not care, but behind the scenes, they are working pretty hard. I can not say I agree with them on their priorities for what gets fixed first, but they are trying to get what is broken fixed. If you are looking for a product that competes with Vera’s price point and features, you will be sadly disappointed. Most products cost much more and they also have their issues. Please let us know what you think is broken and that MCV is not caring to fix.

• Garrett[/quote]

I-Wave devices (pe650, pe953, p1353me, p4243me, pe653rc)

I just got a VeraLite which is running UI5. I’ve already found iOS apps that won’t run with UI5 so should I back rev to UI4?

i would revert the phone back to a android … my €0,02 :smiley:

Vera 3, and Vera Lite, boxes can only run UI5. They cannot be rolled back to UI4 since it was never ported to the processor/stack used in the V3/VLite models.

Which iPhone app is not working against UI5?

Which apps do not support UI5?

• Garrett

[size=3]This is a massive mistake [/size]

My answer, Vera2… ;D

im quite happy with my “massive mistake” vera light which has UI5 coz UI4 doesnt have support for its processor ;D

you have never used UI 4, correct? So you have no frame of reference. With all of the issues people are having with UI5 I too find it odd that they brought these devices to the market without the ability t run UI4.

you have never used UI 4, correct? So you have no frame of reference. With all of the issues people are having with UI5 I too find it odd that they brought these devices to the market without the ability t run UI4.[/quote]
i did get to play a little at a friends house with it, hence i wanted something like this also and i went for the vera light as it was the only one without wifi and routing stuff . i didnt expect to be dumpt in a beta project but hey i have no problem with it as i like the way we all try and solve this problems we experience and actually they even got resolved most of the time.
the inability to run the ui4 , which looks cosmetic-wise a bit better if i may say, resides to the fact that the whole core should be rebuild in order to get it run on the new procesoor in the vera 3 and light. i cannot blame mcv for making this decision, in fact i wouldnt have a rebuild sys where i can have a new sys where all the inabilities of the past get tackled and the experienced one has is used for a whole new better setup.
and yes i agree it was brought to market a bit to early. on the other hand i wouldnt have had the fun i have now.

I’m actually getting used to UI5 a bit… Making scenes is a bit more cumbersome, but on the flip side I like the Overview screen a lot.

But when it comes down to it, I have always considered Vera’s UI to be a back-end system. Something to configure Vera and set up stuff, and that’s about it. It would be nice if Vera could be set up to expose several front end control panels on different URLs, with controls aimed at the end user. Nothing to set up or configure stuff, just buttons to click. One page for the living room, one for the bedroom, one for the garden. Something my grandmother would have been comfortable to use :slight_smile: Neither UI4 nor UI5 has that.

Guess I’ll have to go and slap together an app for that…

you have never used UI 4, correct? So you have no frame of reference. With all of the issues people are having with UI5 I too find it odd that they brought these devices to the market without the ability t run UI4.[/quote]

It was a cost and man power decision. UI5 was already in the works. It would have cost more money to port UI4 over to the new platform and they did but have the resources to do that. Plus why would they port an older firmware over on a new product when a new firmware is in the works? You almost never see a company do that.

• Garrett

Personally I think UI5 was a nice improvement. The scene creation seems to be a bit easier for my wife so that was a big plus too.

[quote=“guessed, post:27, topic:170653”]Vera 3, and Vera Lite, boxes can only run UI5. They cannot be rolled back to UI4 since it was never ported to the processor/stack used in the V3/VLite models.

Which iPhone app is not working against UI5?[/quote]

SQRemote

And on a side note I hate all of the verification on each and every post >:(

Timon,

This will go away after so many posts. This is to prevent spam bots flooing the forum with spam.

• Garrett

i would revert the phone back to a android … my €0,02 :D[/quote]

Ha, Ha, I dumped the Android for the iPhone and will never look back. But then I run Macs and the integration between all of my Macs, iPads and iPhones is totally cool. These is no android/windows system that can come close.

i would revert the phone back to a android … my €0,02 :D[/quote]

Ha, Ha, I dumped the Android for the iPhone and will never look back. But then I run Macs and the integration between all of my Macs, iPads and iPhones is totally cool. These is no android/windows system that can come close.[/quote]

Everyone has there opinions on which they prefer. I own both android phones and tablets and apple iphones and ipad. I converted over from the iphone / ipad to android and I prefer the android platform, than again I may be biased as my app in written for the android platform. :wink:

• Garrett