Issues with alerts for Schlage lock

I have a couple of issues related to alerts.
When I log in to the web, I see lots of warnings regarding “device responding, device not responding”

I had set up email notifications with my Yale lock to notify me by email whenever the door was unlocked and also warn about low battery.
Now that I have swapped the lock for a Schlage, I can’t find remember where or how to set up email alerts for the new lock.

[quote=“webuser, post:1, topic:187454”]I have a couple of issues related to alerts.
When I log in to the web, I see lots of warnings regarding “device responding, device not responding”

I had set up email notifications with my Yale lock to notify me by email whenever the door was unlocked and also warn about low battery.
Now that I have swapped the lock for a Schlage, I can’t find remember where or how to set up email alerts for the new lock.[/quote]

Click on the lock in the devices section and you’ll find notifications tab in the bottom. In there you can setup your notifications.

Your not responding is due to communication issues. Maybe the lock is to far, the batteries were dead or removed at that time. But connection was lost.

Still don’t see any way to add notifications.
I found notifications, but I don’t see any way to create a new notification.

It just says:
You must open this tab after you Add, Modify, and/or Delete any Device or Trigger Notifications in Vera; followed by a Reload LUUP and a browser refresh!

Reload Luup
The default message for each notification is it’s description.
You can override the Device Notification Messages here:

Name Description Message Override House Modes
House Mode Legend: (H)ome (A)way (N)ight (V)acation