Is ZFM-80US same as LFM-20?

For my garage door control I ordered LFM-20 Relay Fixture Module from Tigerdirect.com but they sent me ZFM-80US/DA065 Fixture Switch Module. Tigerdirect didn’t send this product to me directly but they shipped it through 3rd party warehouse. I got the package from zwaveproducts.com.

I don’t know why they sent the wrong item but before I return it I want to check if they both are equivalent. I searched the forum for keyword “ZFM-80US” and I got no result. Looks like this product is new in the market.

This product document is here:
http://www.zwaveproducts.com/layout/manuals/ZFM-80US.pdf

Can someone confirm if this is LFM-20 equivalent and works with VeraLite?

Thanks

Well, it’s not atypical for zwaveproducts.com to simply ship something else than that was ordered, not ship everything, etc.

The Evolve LFM20 is 20A and scene-capable.
This Remotec ZFM-80US is 15A and not scene-capable. (Note how zwaveproducts.com has it as 20A in the description.)

The Remotec appears to have mounting tabs for mounting in a gang box; the Evolve does not. Is the Remotec ‘UL listed’?

There are reports of the Evolve occasionally locking up. I don’t own the Remotec, so can’t speak to its compatibility with Vera.

I see a logo on the unit which says c-UL-US with UL inside a circle. How is that important? Is that some sort of certification?

I went ahead set up the ZFM-80 as a garage opener switch and no issues. Vera identified as an appliance module and I was able to turn on and off. I created a scene to turn it off when the switch is turned ON so the relay does not stay ON.

Thanks for the feedback. I received the ZFM-80 as well. Glad to know it will work.

Since my Evolve occasionally locks up it is good to know to have a alternative here.
Thanks for testing.
I wonder if the ZFM-80 supports beaming though…

Flo

How do I know if it supports beaming or not? Can you tell from the attached image?

I think the capabilities should reflect this, however I dont know what it would say exactly.
Maybe someone who can read the capabilities can chime in here?
I am using a nice plugin which is not available anymore that tells me which of my devices are capable of beaming.

Flo

I think it does, based on the firmware version as well as the capabilities. (The letters are believed to be decodes of some of the interesting bits in the six ‘capability bytes’; the B indicating Beaming Support. See also this topic.)

I think it does, based on the firmware version as well as the capabilities. (The letters are believed to be decodes of some of the interesting bits in the six ‘capability bytes’; the B indicating Beaming Support. See also this topic.)[/quote]

Thanks!

rajhouse - Would you mind taking a picture of how you rigged the ZFM-80 into your garage door wiring.

Thanks in advance,
Pavs

Hi there

i just got a ZFM-80US as well
i would like to replace my Genie Intellicode wall pushbutton with it
my current wall push button has 2 white wires.
where should i plug them on my ZFM-80US
thanksmuch

This thread has everything you might need and much more.

I would recommend not replacing your existing wall button, but rather installing the ZMF-80 in addition to your wall button, as described in this post, from the same thread.