is it possible to set notification everytime the door is unlocked (Schlage BE469

This feature should and probably is available. I just can’t find where to do it.

So nobody need/use this feature or is it not possible?

did you click on the wrench, then notifications, then door is locked or unlocked, then device is opened in the 2nd drop down.

Are you using VERA alerts for notifications? Or what are you useing?

I installed veraalerts but don’t see the wrench you’re referring to.

The wrench is on the door lock. It’s the setting for you door lock. Every device has one.

Which UI are you on? The wrench might be something different or harder to find on UI6 or UI7.

Vera alerts is not required that was just a question of what you were actually using to receive alerts.

Is this your first device?

yah I’ve only had the vera for maybe 2 weeks, I only have the entry door lock and a lamp module on the device.

I’m on UI 7

FWIW I can set notification for when my lamp schedule is turn on and off. But still not seeing the wrench

[quote=“dannieboiz, post:7, topic:183352”]yah I’ve only had the vera for maybe 2 weeks, I only have the entry door lock and a lamp module on the device.

I’m on UI 7

FWIW I can set notification for when my lamp schedule is turn on and off. But still not seeing the wrench[/quote]

I don’t have UI7 and it’s different. It’s quite possible it doesn’t exist in UI7 but never the less there is some type of option screen where you set everything for that lock, same as the light.

UI7 also has lots of issues still being worked out.

Someone else with UI7 will have to help you out.

is it possible to downgrade?

I think they replaced the wrench with a > symbol but still no “notification tab”

[quote=“dannieboiz, post:9, topic:183352”]is it possible to downgrade?

I think they replaced the wrench with a > symbol but still no “notification tab”[/quote]

Yes it’s possible to downgrade and altho I would recommend it since there is some many lil things not working yet on Ui7, but I find it hard to believe this is one. Hopefully someone else with Ui7 can chime in And verify this is a problem and your not just missing it. Downgrading might not be easy as some newer units want to re upgrade as soon as you downgrade. You then have to call micasaverde and have them remove the auto upgrade flag to keep you on ui5.

You don’t have to downgrade. I have the BE469 working fine with UI7. You just do the notification using scenes now.

Go to the Scene menu
Add a scene
Select Device = find your deadbolt name
— to get notified whenever lock is opened
trigger = A door is locked or unlocked
Which mode = device is opened
— to get notified whenever a pin code entered
trigger = A PIN Code is entered
Which PIN code INDEX number = CODE 1
click Validate button
click Next step button
Click Notify these users
Select the users
click Done button
Give your scene a name and click Finish button

You will see the scene listed under your deadbolt device when you go back to the settings.

[quote=“kendad, post:11, topic:183352”]You don’t have to downgrade. I have the BE469 working fine with UI7. You just do the notification using scenes now.

Go to the Scene menu
Add a scene
Select Device = find your deadbolt name
— to get notified whenever lock is opened
trigger = A door is locked or unlocked
Which mode = device is opened
— to get notified whenever a pin code entered
trigger = A PIN Code is entered
Which PIN code INDEX number = CODE 1
click Validate button
click Next step button
Click Notify these users
Select the users
click Done button
Give your scene a name and click Finish button

You will see the scene listed under your deadbolt device when you go back to the settings.[/quote]

This is not the right way but will work. You shouldn’t have to create a whole scene just to get a notification.

I guess it is the problem with UI7.

Does every device in UI7 have to do this or only this lock?

I guess it looks like its still a missing feature in UI7 for now.

Richard from Vera Alerts is still waiting to see if they will fix it or he’s going to add it into his plugin.

Reply #11
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,27338.msg195651.html#msg195651

Reply #1
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26726.msg190997.html#msg190997

More of the reason to stay on or downgrade to Ui5. Seems like every other post if problem with ui7 this.

Yes this appears to be the way devices work in UI7. I have one Foscam camera, one z-wave outlet, two z-wave light switches, a DSC alarm system and the Schlage deadbolt connected to my VeraLite. All of the notifications are set with scenes except the Foscam camera. It doesn’t appear as a device in the scenes menu. I believe that is because I am using an old Implementation file (I_Foscam98HD.xml) just to get it to work. I am guessing the camera will work the same way once the Implementation file is upgraded.

They will work that way in ui5 or ui6 also. Same as running them threw PLEG. But that’s a long and difficult way of doing it. When normally you can click on the device and choose your notification. Not only that I can only imagine what the phone apps (authomation, imperihome and the like) looks like when you want to run a scene and you have a list of every notification you have under your scenes.

Thanks, I never thought of going into scene to set this up. If they combined it on purpose, because they think an event is the same thing as a scene that’s plain whack. I’m setting it up now.