Is it good idea to Migrate from edge to atom v2 / ezlo plus


I dont have much idea about the new ezlo plus and atom v2. i read its a different platform?

is it wise to migrate to this new gateway?

will all capability from the edge or plus be fully be available to the new platform upon launch of ezlo plus?

if not full capability as edge or plus, what capability from old platform will be available and what will the new platform have advantage be in terms of software and added advance features?


That like me asking you, how long is the string i am holding. Untill i send it to you, you could never answer.

from what we know
runs locally
has no plugins as yet
has VOI
has and or logic
has scenes

I am sure others will add to this.


If your edge is’nt broken then I would wait and see what will become of this new controller and how it will compete with its competitors once it has matured a bit. I know Ezlo isn’t MiCasa Verde and that they might handle things better than the previous Vera owners, but based on my past experiences I reason that if it has any links to Vera I’m waiting until everything that is promised is a (bug-free) reality before I buy it.
During those years since Vera Secure was released it has fallen hopelesly behind most other controllers on the market I think. Looking back I should probably have been better off with another controller instead. I do not say that I wouldnt buy an Ezlo plus or Ezlo plus plus in the future. What I say is that I just don’t want to find myself beting on the wrong horse again…


Looking at how tvings have developed since the previous post in this thread I think it looks better and better for the Ezlo controllers. It looks like stuff is happening with weekly progress updates which I think is very positive. :slightly_smiling_face: And as it seems now Ezlo plus will be able to do what Vera Edge does today and perhaps more.
When the new controllers leaves Beta I think they at least might be worth a look. Especially if Ezlo or any of the developers can make the change to a smooth experience without you having to unpair and add all your devices.
On the other hand; If the new firmware is released to Vera controllers as well than perhaps there is no need to upgrade to new hardware as long as the old one is running.

At this point in time No.

That is yet to be seen for core native functions.

If you consider third party plugins to be “all capability” Then again the answer is No.

Improved speed allegedly, improved and wider device support. Better integration with voice assistant supported devices via Ezlo VOI. A dashboard app that is going to be better than Imperihome they say. New Linux and RTOS firmware, new hardware, an improved Vera mobile app.

Most of this is vapourware currently however.

1 Like

I agree that it is to soon to say that is worth the upgrade and that it is still uncertain what will happen to all of the current plug-ins and all that stuff.

What I am saying though is that I think it starts to look more promising than I thought it looked in May.
But I’ll still have the opinion that it’s up to Ezlo to deliver a fully working system first.
And as I said before; If it aint broken, don’t fix it…

I am going to lose far more functionality and integrations that I currently have with my Vera Plus setup than I would gain, if I even attempted to migrate to the Ezlo platform.

I will wait 12 months at least and make a decision if to migrate or to look else where.