Is Ezlo Plus Ready for Prime Time?

Well we never had these “Heat Sensor” devices on Vera UI7 for Fibaro Dimmer 2 modules. Right or wrong.

But the Overheat is an alarm report sent from the device to the controller.

I’m not sure why that requires a “Heat Sensor” child device?

Maybe to act as a trigger in your rule might be one good reason why you might want it as you say. If that’s the way it is going to work?

But I thought an alarm report was just that, a report / alarm frame sent into the controller by the device, which presumably would result in a notification of some kind, with no need for an actual child device to be present.

Personally I wouldn’t want loads of “Heat Sensor” devices cluttering up my UI and would elect to hide them if possible.

So that begs the question do other Z-Wave hubs add these “Heat Sensor” child devices?

What about Fibaro’s own hub?

This I just found online for example about a Switch 2 Relay module.

Switch 2 - “Overheat and overcurrent protection”

The Switch 2 after detecting overheat or overcurrent will:

• switch off its relay/relays,
  • send information about switching off the relay/relays to the controller,
  • send Notification Report to the controller (Heat Alarm for overheat, Power Management for overcurrent).

The Fibaro manuals I don’t think mention anything about a child device in their own UI will be “tripped”.

My gut feeling is Ezlo have this wrong.

I am happy to be corrected however, but I’ve never heard of child devices being created for a “Heat Sensor” for an alarm frame report.

Homeseer shows all end points that are available, Vera selectively hides them, why ? - I do not know, perhaps to much information is just that - to much info…

But does HomeSeer explicitly create devices for “Heat Sensors”? When a device has overheat / over current functions, like these Fibaro modules.

I agree with you generally, probably everything should be exposed if that’s the way its meant to work.

But if they do that, then we also need a way to hide undesired devices from the UI.

More is better in my book, but some users might not want to see everything for all devices in the UI.

Yes…it creates this and others, see screen shot

Hopefully this is a better image… :slight_smile:

I can see the Heat Notification item.

I’m not familiar with the HomeSeer GUI. Presumably you see all that on your screen shot, when you choose to go into the details area for “Node 19” the "Fibaro Light, which is good.

However what Ezlo are doing is just dumping the “Heat Sensor” as a child device into the main devices view / devices GUI area.

Yes, this is how it appears after Inclusion. Any of the child devices can be deleted to clear up the screen.

Have no idea what EZLO does as we don’t have them

Can you post a screen shot of your main devices view in HomeSeer, where you view all the devices etc.

Thanks.

It opens as scroll down screen.
You start at the top and keep scrolling down or assign devices to rooms, floors or categories.
It can be changed to cards,

All devices can’t be shown in one screen shot.

OK thanks, but my point is you can’t see that “Heat Notification 1” child device when looking at the main view for the Fibaro Light right?

You have to choose to go into the “details” of that device to get to your first screen shot.

The child info devices are indicated at the top of the screen - look for the green ticks.

It really depends on which screen you decide to use as Main, in the end it really doesn’t matter as your home is smoothly automated and you have no need for switches or GU’s !..

1 Like

Indeed, thanks for showing us those screenshots. That looks to be a better GUI as you have a device “details” area and a more basic main device view.

As the Vera / Ezlo GUI is quite bad in the mobile app, all the devices are on one page etc, scrolling and scrolling through lots of devices would only get worse, if I also have all these Heat Sensor devices appearing.

Although you can search to filter on a particular device.

The Vera mobile app GUI is mainly used for setup and configuration on Ezlo hubs, as their new Web GUI isn’t yet on feature parity with the old Vera UI7 Web GUI, as far as device settings and information goes and you can’t currently add new devices via their Web GUI.

How do you find HomeSeer in general?

I keep thinking I should look at Home Assistant long term.

With no Vera alternatives available here it was a no brainer.
The integrations are superior, MQTT and Node-Red completes a well rounded system.
Well worth a look.

This is the “details” area of a Z-Wave light in the Vera mobile app, which is pretty basic, you can only set Z-Wave device parameter settings.

I doubt Ezlo could easily expand this to show more detailed information about each device.

Never liked the Vera mobile app to be honest and never used it.

Vera UI7 Web GUI was passable for device setup and configuration and I used 3rd party dashboard apps.

It’s a shame they didn’t decide to build a new mobile app from the ground up for the new Ezlo hubs and ditch the old Vera app.

Do you use Node-Red for your logic rules?

I’ve used Node-Red a bit for somethings, not used MQTT however, not found a need to yet. All my devices are Z-Wave devices and I’m using Reactor as the logic engine.

Reactor doesn’t support HomeSeer, not sure if there are plans to. It does support Home Assistant however.

I assume HomeSeer also has its own internal rules engine.

No, I have a hybrid system of a Vera lite and Edge with HomeSeer using Reactor. Originally I used PLEG (and still do in the Lite) - the entire system is very agricultural as it just been added to it over time and I never felt like de-commissioning something that was working well.
When the Vera’s die then I’ll move it all over to HS and use MSR with MQTT.