IPhoneLocator and Google Map

Time permitting I will at least be able to get a HERE version working within a few days. But it would have been a good idea indeed to merge all the APIs into one plugin. It is a little bit more involved with design but I think it is doable.

It would be nice but lot of work. I can accept pull request on github and integrate if somebody has something working nice.

The design should be object oriented with an abstract cloud provider object and methods, then for each type of cloud we override the method. However it is not necessarily easy to generalize the model as the various options may have different programming model and parameter needs.

In short good idea but lot of work

Yeah it may be out of my league. As you can see from my PMs I am really illiterate in javascriptā€¦ I am almost done with the lua side of the HERE version. The js part is going to be ā€œinterestingā€ā€¦

Edit: My repo now has a working HERE branch which still relies on bing for the map display but gets its location/distance/street address data from HERE. You need to open.a dev account with Here and get the API tokens from there. There are two: the App_ID an the App_code which need to filed as variables. The new variables are created by the new file.

1 Like