iOS App Selection

My apologies if you feel this has been asked before, but I was wondering if someone could help me with iOS app selection for my vera. More specifically with my vera with the DSC plugin. What I’m looking for is one app that can see and control everything my vera does. I’ve tried the free “Vera Mobile”, but while it sees all my DSC sensors, it doesn’t show the DSC panel itself, so I can’t check on arming/disarming status, or remotely arm/disarm the system. the free version of iVera doesn’t actually show anything I have connected at the moment, so I have no way of knowing if it might do the job. Automator.app looks nice, especially the favorites page and push notifications, but with no free version to try i’m a little hesitant - I have no problem paying $15 for this app, as long as I know it will do what I want.

Can anyone with the full version of iVera or Automator.app comment on the support of these for the DSC plugin? Also, of course, any general thoughts on either/both of these apps, or other options. Thanks,

And there’s HomeWave as well.

I think automator.app and HomeWave support the DSC at this point, while iVera does not.

Thanks. I’ll look more closely at HomeWave and automator.app then. I kinda like the screenshots for HomeWave. Does it by any chance have a customizable home screen/favorites section?

I just noticed, HomeWave says Alarm Zones are supported, but it doesn’t mention if the main partition (arming/disarming) is supported. Can anyone confirm one way or the other? I also just noticed that HomeWave claims to be fully customizable, which is a plus, as long as it works with everything.

To answer my own question, this thread: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=14380.0 would appear to indicate that HomeWave does work for arming/disarming the DSC. So I think I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

Automator.app will be more compatible with plugins. However almost all 3rd party apps will require support by the developer to support existing and new plugins. Both Homewave and Automator.app are great choices.

• Garrett

To paraphrase my friend on his view of Android phones: the advantage (of HomeWave) is that you can fully configure the home screen and control screens to your heart’s content. The disadvantage is that you have to :slight_smile:

Out of the box, HomeWave doesn’t give you any screen, device or room; you’ll have to add all of these yourself. Your “favorites” are just those controls you chose to add to the interface. But that does mean that you can design exactly the user interface that’ll work for you.