Intermatic CA9000 motion detector

We’re working to get some low-cost motion & door/window sensors from an OEM in China on our site. They’ll be affordable, but we have to buy 1,000 units at a time and since we just launched we don’t have enough of a volume yet. We’re already on track this week to sell hundreds of Vera systems during the beta period, but only 1 order so far for a motion detector, so it’ll be a while before we can order the OEM versions. The only off-the-shelf models we tested are the ACT and Intermatic, and only the ACT worked correctly.

During the beta period we’ll be monitoring people’s wish lists to find the popular Z-Wave stuff the public wants supported and getting units in to be sure they work with Vera. I’ll add the Hawking door/window sensors to the list; we haven’t tested them yet. They probably work, and if you have one already paired to your system and are willing to turn on the remote access so I can peak at your system logs (or email me the logs if you’re comfortable navigating a linux os), then I can see what vendor/model info the Hawking’s are reporting, what command classes they’re supporting, and be sure they’re in our database, and then patch your Z-Wave database so they work. Otherwise I’ll post to this thread when we can get one in our own lab.