Instant status update to vera stopped working

A few days ago, instant status update of my switches to vera (UI4) stopped working reliably.
Occasionally, vera’s status is updated when I turn a light on/off, but most of the time the status doesn’t get pushed to vera at all.
I know that my switches do support status update, since everything worked nicely until last week.

Any suggestions what can be the cause and how to troubleshoot?

What type of switches do you have?

• Garrett

Also, try a [tt]Configure node right now[/tt] on one of those devices, to see if behavior improves (i.e. it would reprogram the association to Vera).

[quote=“garrettwp, post:2, topic:170906”]What type of switches do you have?

Configure node right now does cause the correct status of the node to be reported to vera. However, subsequent state changes still don’t get pushed to vera.

For test purposes, is it possible to move Vera closer to the switch and try again?

The problem is not with just one switch - it’s all over my network.
I have over 20 switches, all of them stopped reporting their status (actually, sometimes the status does gets updated instantly, but most of the time it doesn’t. I haven’t discovered any pattern).
I will try moving one of them close to vera and test again.

Just out of curiosity, what does the “Poll this node at most once every” say found under the switch settings tab? If you click on one of the switches wrench icon and click on the “settings” tab. What is the value? I know you say the light switches support instant status updates, but it could be that vera is able to poll the device fast enough to catch the update. I have similar issues with my leviton switches (they support instant updates) and they would not update on the very end when manually turned on/off at the switch. The “Poll this node at most once every” box was set to “0” and should have been a bigger value like 60. Also under the z-wave settings, what are the poll options set to?

• Garrett

It׳s on the default value of 60

Another possibility is that the updates happen by polling. At least in UI4, it seems that if a device does not respond to the poll, polling stops at that device. When polling is started again, it starts at the first device in the list again. Thus any devices after the one that is not responding effectively do not get polled. A non-responding device could be a device that is marginally within range and does not respond all the time or it could also be something like an outdoor switch that is not plugged in.

Some more observations:
I moved the ACT on/off wall plug nearby vera, instant update still doesn’t work.
After issuing a “configure node right now” vera will sometimes receive instant updates for 2 - 3 times, but then ignore subsequent on/off changes.
I also did a complete z-wave network repair (z-wave/repair my network) which went through without any noticeable change.

This is really frustrating. I had an electric mattress warming pad connected to the ACT wall plug, with an event to turn off 1 hour after I press the on button, so that I can go to sleep with a warm bed. Now it sometimes stays on all night.
I had another wall plug set up to run my Away scene, turning off all lights at home, the TV and other appliances. It used to work instantly. Now it sometimes works instantly, sometimes takes a few minutes to start working, and sometimes gets completely ignored.
Very frustrating…

[quote=“drag0n, post:11, topic:170906”]Some more observations:
I moved the ACT on/off wall plug nearby vera, instant update still doesn’t work.
After issuing a “configure node right now” vera will sometimes receive instant updates for 2 - 3 times, but then ignore subsequent on/off changes.
I also did a complete z-wave network repair (z-wave/repair my network) which went through without any noticeable change.

This is really frustrating. I had an electric mattress warming pad connected to the ACT wall plug, with an event to turn off 1 hour after I press the on button, so that I can go to sleep with a warm bed. Now it sometimes stays on all night.
I had another wall plug set up to run my Away scene, turning off all lights at home, the TV and other appliances. It used to work instantly. Now it sometimes works instantly, sometimes takes a few minutes to start working, and sometimes gets completely ignored.
Very frustrating…[/quote]

Sonds like your ACT module may be defective… Have you tried another?