In what directory should replace the www files?

In what directory should replace the www files?

/www
/overlay/www
/mios/www

If you want to access files using HTTP to Vera’s IP address, then they should go in /www/

A bit of background information: /mios is a read-only flash filesystem which you can’t add files to. /overlay is a regular read/write filesystem and is actually where all your modified files really go. / is a hybrid (“union”) filesystem made up of a combined read-only flash part, and the aforementioned /overlay. When you try to read a file /foo/bar, OpenWrt checks to see if /overlay/foo/bar exists first, and if it does, gives you that, and if it doesn’t, gives you /foo/bar from the read-only portion. If you write to /foo/bar, it automatically changes the filename of /overlay/foo/bar, eclipsing the old /foo/bar with your changed file.

There are a couple of advantages of doing it like this. One is that if you break something you can boot in “failsafe” mode without /overlay, giving you a known good set of files from /. The other is that the read-only root filesystem is compressed better than /overlay can be, giving you more room in the limited flash space for binaries and other files you are unlikely to stick in /overlay.

In practice it all works invisibly. Pretend that /overlay doesn’t exist and just put your files in /, and it almost always does what you mean.

is it possible to sym-link the /overlay/www to another machine webserver ?

I doubt that Vera has the NFS server software installed.

it doesnt :-\

I doubt they have samba either.

there once was a way of running the vera from a pc-server with a virtual com port. i’d like this option return.