ImperiHome and UI7 ?

Anyone tried it yet?

I’m hoping to get another Vera lite so I can test, but if someone has done it already let us please know!:grinning:

For the $20 more get a Vera 3. The price is now $199 on amazon last I checked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Wondering the same thing… :wink:

No one has stepped up in the UI7 RC compatibility thread for ImperiHome yet. (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26438.0.html) Which is a bit surprising as it and AuthomationHD seem to be 2 of the more popular Android apps for Vera.

BOFH - exactly why im asking…surprising eh! I also asked on Imperihome G+ beta page…so if anyone wants to go there and +1 it…it might get some more love! I cant even consider moving until i know Imperihome is working 100%

Well I just bought a second vera on eBay… So I’ll have a crack at it tomorrow night…I hope!

Apparently it does work.
https://plus.google.com/115220236052298532043/posts/Dz2MWa1kgbS

@BOFH - is this sufficient to update your thread?

I can’t read that post as I don;'t have a Google- account and not about to get one so the chocolate factory can spy on me better :slight_smile:
Any chance you can copy and paste the post to here?

I tried finding a cheap Veralite on Fleabay or CraigsList for testing UI7 but no luck.

Was just a guy called Roman saying that it works…

but i picked up a Vera lite off ebay today, upgraded it it UI7, and installed Imperihome plugin.

All seems to work normally! Whilst i dont have any devices other than those created by Weatherunderground configured, it seems to work as it should - both on local lan and remote (LTE).
I even tried the plugins “TTS” and Goto page - both work!

So i think you can put this one down as Working

I just upgraded (apparently) to UI7 (17439) from UI5 on a VL and can tell you that Imperihome is not working for me.
I showed a “Can’t Detect device” error on the dashboard for mobile version of 2.1.3.

• I then uninstalled the current IH addon V1 and reinstalled V1, then inserted the static IP of the mobile device into the advanced area.
  • I then updated the mobile app to V2.4.1.
  • Then I had to remove and re add some of the widgets that were not working (All of them were door sensors).
  • Then I remembered there was a UI6 version on the new systems options when adding a ImperiHome system to your mobile device. UI6 does not even see my VL UI7 on my network but UI5 does see it??

Now
Everything seems to work except that the dashboard still shows the “Can’t Detect Device Error” and the previously programmed TTS verbal notifications do not seem to be working.
If anyone else is having a similar problem, let us know.
I will be adding some linear products that were not working with UI5 tomorrow.
I will be posting a “Upgrade How To” on our site. If anyone is interested to know how this upgrade is going they can follow along or contact me.
Thanks. Have a great weekend.

[quote=“Jamr, post:10, topic:182565”]I just upgraded (apparently) to UI7 (17439) from UI5 on a VL and can tell you that Imperihome is not working for me.
I showed a “Can’t Detect device” error on the dashboard for mobile version of 2.1.3.

• I then uninstalled the current IH addon V1 and reinstalled V1, then inserted the static IP of the mobile device into the advanced area.
  • Then I had to remove and re add some of the widgets that were not working (All of them were door sensors).
  • Then I remembered there was a UI6 version on the new systems options when adding a ImperiHome system to your mobile device. UI6 does not even see my VL UI7 on my network but UI5 does see it??

Now
Everything seems to work except that the dashboard still shows the “Can’t Detect Device Error” and the previously programmed TTS verbal notifications do not seem to be working.
I will be posting a “Upgrade How To” on our site. If anyone is interested to know how this upgrade is going they can follow along or contact me.
Thanks. Have a great weekend.[/quote]

Jamr, i had the same problem, my Vera 3 (with IU7) “did not detect the device,” and the problem was that I was putting my IP tablet in the field avanced/Device params/IP and really need to put the ip in the field “avanced/variables/IPaddress”.
After placing the IP in this field and reload lua (I also rebooted the tablet), the message disappeared. (of course fixed IP on the tablet …)
Where did you put the IP of the tablet?

regards

[quote=“llamim, post:11, topic:182565”][quote=“Jamr, post:10, topic:182565”]I just upgraded (apparently) to UI7 (17439) from UI5 on a VL and can tell you that Imperihome is not working for me.

Now
Thanks. Have a great weekend.[/quote]

Jamr, i had the same problem, my Vera 3 (with IU7) “did not detect the device,” and the problem was that I was putting my IP tablet in the field avanced/Device params/IP and really need to put the ip in the field “avanced/variables/IPaddress”.
After placing the IP in this field and reload lua (I also rebooted the tablet), the message disappeared. (of course fixed IP on the tablet …)
Where did you put the IP of the tablet?

regards[/quote]

Confusing huh? No that was not my problem. Thank you for the tip though. Apparently the tech support guy turned off the error??? He said it was a problem with UI7 All is working now, even the new GD00Z. Updates of my device changes are a little slower to show up on the tablet with UI7 vs UI5 but all in all I am starting to like it.

I’ve only had UI7 and really want to try ImperiHome. Problem is I only see the option to input “MiOS” user/password. When I do this it can’t find my device, nor can it find it locally.

I haven’t done any network configuration locally, all I’ve ever done is login to the unit through the Vera portal. But how do I get ImperiHome to work ???

[quote=“goltoof, post:13, topic:182565”]I’ve only had UI7 and really want to try ImperiHome. Problem is I only see the option to input “MiOS” user/password. When I do this it can’t find my device, nor can it find it locally.

I haven’t done any network configuration locally, all I’ve ever done is login to the unit through the Vera portal. But how do I get ImperiHome to work ???[/quote]

ImperiHome works on ui7. When you add a controller the option is there for VERA UI6/UI7

When you open ImperiHome, go to Settings > Add a new system > Vera UI7 & UI6.