iCal Events Spanning Multiple Days

Managed to make the GCal app work as I needed for iCal calendars with events spanning multiple days - but needed to make a minor change in your GCal3.lua. My problem was that the calendar events may have started a few days ago - even though they were still active now. The calendar data being requested seemed to request events starting just before midnight on the current day though to several days in the future (depending on ExtraDays). I needed the calendar data request to look for events starting several days in the past. Hence I added the “ExtraDays” value into the starttime variable as shown in red below. I will leave it to you to decide if this hack may cause other issues, but it seems to make everything work for me and I haven’t seen any side effects yet!!

[size=8pt][i]in the GetStartMinMax function…

– look back 5 minutes to make sure we catch midnight events with the calendar lookup …and ExtraDays before today to catch events starting earlier but still active
starttime = starttime - (605)- (360024*GC.ExtraDays)[/i][/size]

[quote=“rjfcowdery, post:21, topic:198058”]Managed to make the GCal app work as I needed for iCal calendars with events spanning multiple days - but needed to make a minor change in your GCal3.lua. My problem was that the calendar events may have started a few days ago - even though they were still active now. The calendar data being requested seemed to request events starting just before midnight on the current day though to several days in the future (depending on ExtraDays). I needed the calendar data request to look for events starting several days in the past. Hence I added the “ExtraDays” value into the starttime variable as shown in red below. I will leave it to you to decide if this hack may cause other issues, but it seems to make everything work for me and I haven’t seen any side effects yet!!

[size=8pt][i]in the GetStartMinMax function…

– look back 5 minutes to make sure we catch midnight events with the calendar lookup …and ExtraDays before today to catch events starting earlier but still active
starttime = starttime - (605)- (360024*GC.ExtraDays)[/i][/size][/quote]

Thanks – just getting some time to look at this.
I’ve tried to be considerate of the limited resources on the vera by only loading into memory the needed information. So am a little reticent to arbitrarily expand the “capture” dates.

It’s (events spanning midnight) have not been a problem before with regular google calendars - hence looking back 5 min from midnight (I was unable to make it fail recently). I suspect there is something to do with the ical format / structure that is causing it to not see the current event in these conditions – I’ll take a look. Maybe I end up just expanding for iCal – don’t know …