i quit...

My Vera edge had been offline more than a week since a failed firmware upgrade and customer services have been very slow in responses
I finally got an RMA number and have been asked to send my unit to France when I am in the UK ?
I asked (twice) if the address is free post as I don’t think I should pay to send it back internationally and have been ignored.
I have asked for a new unit to be sent to my address with a postage paid label and this has also been ignore.
I am posting this here in the hope someone with some authority can possibly get me a new unit ASAP as I am pretty stuck without it.
I chose this unit based on the reviews and helpfulness of the forums etc and until this point have not been disappointed, however since developing this fault I have seen a different side of the company which I can honestly say is not a great advert.

Now I know someone will probably chime in with the usual “contact support directly” but I have tried this route and am at a point where I am getting no further.

Without wanting to be rude you are saying that you need a working unit and that you are getting no further. You are also saying that you have an RMA number and the only reason you have not sent the unit is due to postage costs.
To get yourself working again I would just send it off. They will not send the new unit until you do and all you are doing is delaying things.

To be honest I think most companies are just the same and these are no worse than most.

I purchased it in the UK, and am being asked to post it to France so ignoring the postage cost I will still be without the unit whilst it’s in transit both to and from another country.
I don’t think that’s acceptable for any company really.
The support team have been pretty spot on with replies but the returns and RMA process leaves an awful lot to be desired.
Most other companies I have dealt with in the UK would send another unit the same day that it was diagnosed as dead with a returns label.
I recently had a problem with my hp micro server and this is exactly how they proceeded, so it’s not unusual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s also note that the bricking of the unit was no fault of mine, the company release upgrades to the entire Vera populous and force it to be the first page that is opened upon accessing the unit.
It’s a pretty poor option when there is a chance that it may brick the unit if the upgrade fails and you follow the procedures listed to go back to the version you had before.
I know some people are of the opinion that
Unless you have a problem listed in the fixes or need a certain feature you shouldn’t update but If this is the case then it should not be the opening page that’s forced on users upon accessing their devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately your rights are only with the supplier and they did not release new firmware.

That said, I have never had problems with my Edge and yet I have still installed all the updates (without problem - touch wood).

Just accept that you will end up sending it anyway and go for it.

[quote=“Deejc, post:3, topic:188853”]I purchased it in the UK, and am being asked to post it to France so ignoring the postage cost I will still be without the unit whilst it’s in transit both to and from another country.
I don’t think that’s acceptable for any company really.
The support team have been pretty spot on with replies but the returns and RMA process leaves an awful lot to be desired.
Most other companies I have dealt with in the UK would send another unit the same day that it was diagnosed as dead with a returns label.
I recently had a problem with my hp micro server and this is exactly how they proceeded, so it’s not unusual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yep. Totally hear your frustration.

ok so after moaning to support again they have advised me that amazon should honour the RMA, so then after moaning to amazon again they have advised I can return it for a refund!!
I have to then order a new one (lucky I have prime eh ?)

so no thanks to vera returns dept … I should have a new one tomorrow

This was obviously a very recent purchase. Thank god for UK distance selling regulations.
Alls well that ends well eh!

considering the unit is 9 months old, i think it was more down to luck and amazon having great customer service for its prime members… unlike other customer services i have been experiencing. :o

i have had enough, its doesn’t make sense to me to keep having problems with this unit and I’m sending this new one back for a refund and getting out of the vera system.
i use domoticz on my micro server and will by a zwave stick to put in that, all my other items are supported, nest, rfxcom, netatmo etc and its free!
a zwave usb stick is somewhere around 20 pounds so ill be nearly 120 pounds up.

shame, i liked it while it worked.

To run a Vera is to commit your self to pain and suffer.
There should really be a warning sign telling buyers about the low risk of getting what to expect. Telling that Vera is not a working product but more a ide of a concept that is just waiting for the big consumer business to take over. Let us all put our faith in Samsung and Google that it will happen soon.

[quote=“deejc, post:1, topic:188853”]My Vera edge had been offline more than a week since a failed firmware upgrade and customer services have been very slow in responses
I finally got an RMA number and have been asked to send my unit to France when I am in the UK ?
I asked (twice) if the address is free post as I don’t think I should pay to send it back internationally and have been ignored.
I have asked for a new unit to be sent to my address with a postage paid label and this has also been ignore.
I am posting this here in the hope someone with some authority can possibly get me a new unit ASAP as I am pretty stuck without it.
I chose this unit based on the reviews and helpfulness of the forums etc and until this point have not been disappointed, however since developing this fault I have seen a different side of the company which I can honestly say is not a great advert.

Now I know someone will probably chime in with the usual “contact support directly” but I have tried this route and am at a point where I am getting no further.[/quote]

is it in the loop? if it is I would keep trying to reset it, mine was that way both times I tried to back out (was beginning to think it was dead both times)

it took many tries, the best luck seemed to be when doing the 30 seconds reset push after 2-3 seconds after I put in power plug

never had that issue before this latest release… but many are having it now it seems

EDIT : nevermind, see you returned it…

[quote=“jonte, post:11, topic:188853”]To run a Vera is to commit your self to pain and suffer.
There should really be a warning sign telling buyers about the low risk of getting what to expect. Telling that Vera is not a working product but more a ide of a concept that is just waiting for the big consumer business to take over. Let us all put our faith in Samsung and Google that it will happen soon.[/quote]

+infinity

Hi Guys,

If you are in the UK, then the Sales of Goods Act applies, which states that the item should be free from fault for 6 years (England and Wales) and 5 years in Scotland.

It is upto the reseller in the UK to resolve the issue for you, but I find if you pay by credit card you have an additional cushion as they are quite quick to refund you upto the one year guarantee and give a partial refund for anything over that.

Suggest you research the Sales of Goods Act. I have used it to great effect at PC World, Currys and Argos in the past.

Best regards,

Mike

And yet… this thread is approx. 10 days old… and MCV MIOS VERA…

whatever we called them have had some great input…

but their post must have been deleted by a moderator…

WAAAAYYY DA GO !!!

Hi guys.

No, we don’t delete posts from the forum, the user may have. The original poster has requested that he be removed from various Vera servers ,this is most likely one of them.

Regarding no response from us, there are a number of us that scan the forums regularly, I do, members of both Customer Care and the Dev Team do and when they find something applicable to they they respond and when they find something like this they forward it to me. There are thousands of posts a day, it is impossible for us to see everything no matter how often we check. We intentionally try to take a hands off approach and let the community have discussions with out us getting involved unless necessary or we have something valuable to add.

In this case we didn’t see this tread. I would ask you all, that if you see something like this, please shoot me an email or PM with the link so I can get involved sooner. I am here to help, help me help you and others in the community.