I can’t manage to control my fan with a scene! GoControl + VeraPlus

I have a GoControl Thermostat and a VeraPlus controler.

My VeraPlus recognized the GoControl HVAC Thermostat and I can control my Thermostat through the devices menu. I can change the temperature, change the mode (heat, cool, auto, off) and turn on and off the fan.

But when I create a scene, I can only change the temperature on the Vera Plus interface. There is nothing concerning the Fan.

I tried using the Advanced Editor but it doesn’t work. I don’t know what value to use so I tried “1”, “on”, ”low”, “ContinuousOn”… nothing works, the fan still stays in Auto mode.
(Service: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_FanOperatingMode1 SetMode NewMode: 1)

Anyone could help me please? I would like to control the fan mode with scenes. Thanks.

Go into your Thermostat device and go to the Advanced then click on the Variable tab. Look for the Variable the represents the fan state. Set the fan to different states and write down what the variable value is for each state. (you need to hard refresh the browser to ensure you see what the new value is for each fan state).

Then go back into your scene in the advanced editor, and set the variable for controlling the fan to the correct value that you want.

Thanks for your reply.
I spotted the variable that changes between the two modes: Mode. It changes between Auto and ContinuousOn. So I tried to use the ContinuousOn value in the advanced editor:

But when I execute the scene, it says “scene run failed”. And the fan state doesn’t change.
For the record, if I use the 0 value in the exact same scene, it turns the fan in Auto Mode. But I still can’t turn it to ContinuousOn…

If you go into the device control panel, the to Attributes tab, what is reported in the attribute device_json?

Also, when you save a scene, it reloads Luup. You’ll get a “scene run failure” if you try to run the scene while it’s reloading. Could it be you just went too fast?

Yes it works now thank you!
The problem was that I wasn’t waiting enough time after saving the scene. I waited something like 20 seconds before running the scene and it worked.

Thanks rigpapa and shallowearth for your help!

1 Like