HTML lighting control questions

Hello,

I was fortunate enough to pickup a few HP Touchpad’s last week with the goal of integrating them into my Vera setup.

Is there a way to control my lights and other gear via HTML / JavaScript?

The vera interface UI2 and UI4 should work. It is html and javascript. UI4 being the current firmware. Millage will vary on how it will format on each device. For UI4, the sliders for dimmers do not function correctly on the ipad and android tablets/phones.

• Garrett

I picked up some HP Touchpads myself, for the same purpose. And to give to guests so they can use it for web access, etc.

I’ve had some success making my own webpages to make direct calls to Vera.
More info here: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Requests

My issue has been caching on the TouchPad. I guess it ignores all directives not to cache, and does it anyway. I load a page (in an separate frame) that issues the HTTP LUUP request, and the TouchPad ALWAYS uses the cached copy (never actually calls Vera after the first time). My iPad honors the no-cache pragmas, etc. You can tell b/c it should load the new job number each time, but doesn’t.

I was reading that people got around it by tacking on a random number string to the page that is transparent to the servers, but I haven’t tried that yet.

I know I can access the dashboard via IP / cp.mios.com page but its cumbersome and don’t want free access to the control panel (I can see my cleaners trying to turn on a light and wiping out my whole system :-X).

I am not trying to do anything overly fancy. Just basic control of scenes, lock status, retrieving the current temperature, etc…

Thanks for the link, I will see what I can do with it.

Would you mind creating a zip file of your setup (with IP address and UN/PW’s XXXX’ed out) to take a look at?

[quote=“JamesM, post:5, topic:169037”]Thanks for the link, I will see what I can do with it.

Would you mind creating a zip file of your setup (with IP address and UN/PW’s XXXX’ed out) to take a look at?[/quote]There are no usernames/passwords w/ the LUUP requests. And it’s all internal on my local LAN.

It’s just 2 frames, and 2 links to turn my kitchen light on and off. 8) I can grab the files at home.

Here is my VERY basic setup. Only just got the TouchPad, and the cache issue (and life in general) stopped my progress.

All of the api for 3rd party applications that communicate with vera use the http requests. If you read the page that PurdueGuy sent, it should get you started. If you know a little html, you can create your own setup. Good luck and if you have something working, consider sharing it with the community.

• Garrett