How to find HTTP command for a device?

How do i find out the HTTP command for controlling a relay? I want to control it via HTTP from another device (ISY994i with networking module). The device uses the file D_Relay1.xml. The device ID is 86.

I have looked around the forums and in the wiki but have not been able to figure it out.

The fastest way is to navigate to:
http://192.168.x.y:49451/data_request?id=invoke

and then drill down on the target device.

Thanks again guessed. That is exactly what I am looking for. One question however, what is the difference between port 49451 and 3480?

3480 is the new 49451.

I believe that the very earliest firmware versions used 49451, but 3480 came in later and both seem to be equivalent. Certainly, I use 3480 for all my HTTP requests, for consistency, and that seems to work fine. Some of the documentation is very out of date, hence the old references to 49451.

I think I have this right. Surely someone will correct if not.

what is the difference between port 49451 and 3480?

45971 :slight_smile:

What akbooer said.

Use 49451 if you are attempting to talk to a Vera on an earlier firmware release. Use 3480 if you are attempting to talk to a Vera on the later firmware releases.

I am not sure when the change took place. UI5/6/7 seems to use 3480 though.

[quote=“akbooer, post:4, topic:186045”]3480 is the new 49451.

I believe that the very earliest firmware versions used 49451, but 3480 came in later and both seem to be equivalent. Certainly, I use 3480 for all my HTTP requests, for consistency, and that seems to work fine. Some of the documentation is very out of date, hence the old references to 49451.

I think I have this right. Surely someone will correct if not.[/quote]

That’s correct. I’m old-school, so I tend to use the 49451 version. In both cases it’s the LuaUPnP process that’s listening, so it makes no difference which one is used.

Folks can also use the /port_3480 and /port_49451 variants, if they need to go through Lighty.

Since you raised this point, can I slightly hijack the OP and ask if there’s a solution to the following related problem?

[ul][li]I have an app with an HTTP handler registered (hence using port 3480) and I’d like a URL link from the device control tab (hence in the static .json file) to invoke it.[/li][/ul]

…I simply can’t find the right syntax, if it’s possible at all:

[ul][li]I don’t want to hardwire the IP Vera address (since this is supposed to be installable on any machine)[/li]
[li]I can’t use [tt]127.0.0.1:3480[/tt] or simply [tt]/port_3480[/tt][/li]
[li]The only thing I can think of (which is horrible) is to have a default port 80 URL link to a file which the app writes to [tt]/www/[/tt] containing a redirect with the specific IP address and port 3480.[/li][/ul]

Sorry if this isn’t clear, or too far from the OP.

@akbooer,
You’ll want to break this out to a new thread, and probably outline a bit more of what you’re doing (“app” has many different meanings, depending upon who’s reading and what they’ve just read :wink: … I thought you meant an iPhone app, for example, since I was just reading the source code for OwnTracks.

Anyhow, if open a new thread and put in a few more details and I’m sure someone will give you what you’re looking for.

Many thanks. Good advice. I’ll do that!