How to do a Reset Z-Wave network ???

PROBLEM:

I have tried to do a network repair and that doesn’t really repair the network. The next step is to do a “Reset Z-Wave network.” I understand that this will require me to re-include the network but I’m out of ideas.

However when I click on the button for resetting the network I get the message “Received empty response” and nothing happens.

I get this constantly. Other than doing a factory reset any suggestions?

Don

[quote=“Don Diego, post:1, topic:168352”] However when I click on the button for resetting the network I get the message “Received empty response” and nothing happens.
I get this constantly. Other than doing a factory reset any suggestions?[/quote]
I’ve only seen “Received empty response” when Vera was busy or the connection timed out or dropped.
Try a Ctrl F5 or log back in with a new session. If / when the page loads go to Z-Wave device, Advanced, Reset Z-Wave network.

JOD.

Hi JOD–

I tried several times to reload the page (ctl F5) and different sessions (even tried it on two different vera2s) (days apart) with the same result… Factory reset is looking better and better.

Thanks for trying to help.

Don

Hmmmm…
What about unchecking “Use Z-Wave version 3.20 instead of 2.78” and trying it again?

JOD.

Hi JOD –

You’re correct. The only way I could do a Z-Wave Network reset was to uncheck all of the following boxes on the Z-wave->Options menu:

[ul][li]Use Z-Wave version 3.20 instead of 2.78 IMPORTANT: Read this first
[/li][li]Use MiOS routing instead of Z-Wave (requires 4.5)
[list][li]Limit neighbors to Z-Wave discovery (requries MiOS routing)[/li]
[/list]

Thanks again for your help.

Don[/ul]

Don,

Question, did you use the “Hack to convert” or build your networks from the ground up with 3.20?

JOD.

I had the same issue two weeks ago when I wanted to reset and start the node numbers from zero.
I had to switch back to 2.78 and do a reset. I also was recieving “empty response” when tring to reset under 3.20. Even after resetting under 2.78 I still had problems with the network not actually resetting (node numbers would not start from 2). It took several hours of doing this and suddenly it just worked. I hate it when I can’t tell what fixed the problem or in this case why it finally let me do the reset. In my somewhat narrow minded opinion there is still issues with .1245 and the 3.20 combo. I had set up my system with 3.20 prevoisly.
One more thing. I also remember that after finally getting vera to reset I had to click the “hack” button in order to get rid of the “failed to go into learn mode” issue.

Hi Roger-

I reverted back to 2.78 and did the network reset. That finally worked. BUT I’m having problems now getting back to 3.0 routing… I’ve tried the obvious and also tried the “hack.” So far no luck…

Don

UPDATE: After numerous tries the only way I could go back to 3.0 MIOS routing from 2.78 (after doing a network reset) was to re-load the firmware from scratch (1.1.1145) (5/19/11)

[quote=“JOD, post:6, topic:168352”]Don,

Question, did you use the “Hack to convert” or build your networks from the ground up with 3.20?

JOD.[/quote]

Hi JOD –

I had built this vera from the ground up. I pressed the reset button and did a complete firmware reflashing. See: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=6430.0

Reloaded the default firmware (which I think was 1.1.0996). Then it prompted me to upgrade to 1.1.1047 and finally to 1.1.1245. I may need to do that again unless I can figure how to get back to 3.0 MIOS routing (from 2.78).

Don

I also had trouble reseting the zwave network until I unchecked the 3 boxes listed above. But then I forgot to go back and upgrade to 3.2 and started rebuilding my network. Fortunately I only added 2 devices before I realized my mistake and started over again by reseting my zwave network!
BTW My zwave devices disappeared except for my Panasonic BL-C11A camera, which had ID #9. When I added my first device its ID # was 10. Does that suggest that my zwave network was not completely reset?

Unfortunately there is an issue with resetting the Z-Wave network in .1245 (apparently in combination with 3.20), which has been fixed in .1298 (a private beta), so improvement is coming.

But then I forgot to go back and upgrade to 3.2 and started rebuilding my network. Fortunately I only added 2 devices before I realized my mistake and started over again by reseting my zwave network!
Just curious: did you use the 'Hack to convert' option at all after your reset? And is Vera showing this, or something else ([tt]Z-Wave device > Options[/tt]): [tt]Version 3.20 L:1 House/Node Role Master SIS:NO PRI:YES[/tt]

Yes, that is exactly what vera was showing.